Tennis Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Paradorn did not hear that the HMC invited Thailand. He said he will play Chennai.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I was just about to come in here and post about Tatiana Golovin and Richard Gasquet possibly playing for France. How coincidental was that? Hehe.

What are the chances of Amelie Mauresmo saying no to Hopman Cup? What are the chances of Sebastien Grosjean or Fabrice Santoro saying no?

I would love for Tatiana and Richard to come. It would be interesting to see how Richard conducts himself in front of all these kids who will no doubt pester him.

The worst incident of pesty behaviour that I can remember (but it was funny) was a bunch of kids (maybe aged 12-15) harrassing Kim Clijsters on the practise courts for things. First they asked for a wave, then a smile, then a ball, then a towel. Kim was talking to Elena Likhovtseva and never looked at them once. She looked really pissed that they would even talk to her. Finally some smart-arse kid goes, "Kim, give us your bra!" I almost choked on my sandwich when I heard that. LOL.

I've heard that Gasquet can be rather temperamental when he is annoyed by fans. I'd love for him to bitchslap one of those kids. :lol: But any sign of bratty behaviour from him and I can almost guarantee some lame "dickhead" joke.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
AUSBOY said:
It was reported today in the press that Alicia Molik and Mark Phillipoussis are playing for Australia!
Good news for me. I never meet Mark P. before. Can't wait to meet him there.

Alicia. :kiss:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
well hopefully mark can will have a drastic turn around in form before then, or we can just hope he forgets about this season and starts next season well. alicia, she's been here a few times before and will be comfortable with the indoors and the format etc, her scoreline against davenport the other day was terrible so she will have to pick up some form as well. but this event is ages away so no reason to worry now. i hope golovin/gasquet play.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Well i just got my ticketing letter in the mail today.. Advance sales start on saturday so im hoping that they announce the teams before then (Please Serena!! :D :D)

We are gonna get finals series tickets this time so it should be good!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Hmm on closer inspection of the letter i found this... "Details of the battle plan with the complete field and draw will be in The West Australian on Saturday 16th of October. Or you can check out the website www.hopmancup.com.au from 5pm Friday 15th October."

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I think Lindsay and James will be returning to defend their title.

Looking forward to Friday when the lineup is announced.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Fantastic said:

Mee too :)

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Cool

You guys that are going will be seeing some awesome players in action !!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
jirobkk said:
Today I asked Mirka, she said the tournament invited Switzerlands but Roger won't play.
thats a shame, maybe he wants more rest but i can't help thinking that there is some bad blood between Team Federer/Vavrinec and Team Schnyder/Hofmann, they really should have played this year... i guess we can keep hoping for a future year.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Fantastic said:

Apparently they were going to ask Serena before Lindsay.. I dunno if they would even want Lindsay cos they will want someone to commit and Lindsay doesnt even kno of she is going to be playing next year.. Not very good insurance for the tounament oraganisers...

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
vogus said:
thats a shame, maybe he wants more rest but i can't help thinking that there is some bad blood between Team Federer/Vavrinec and Team Schnyder/Hofmann, they really should have played this year... i guess we can keep hoping for a future year.
i just think it would be more roger not wanting to change a successful formula from last year than him not wanting to play with patty. of course it is possible but it's also complete speculation. i'm not saying patty's attitudes are always justified but if you look at the people she has had problems with it is usually a player who has a bit of reputation for something other than being nice. patty does seem to be very friendly towards the majority of girls on tour. i can't really see roger having major issues with anyone and i do know that patty and mirka played doubles together on occasion and never had any publicised problems. it's a pretty big commitment coming to australia a week early and considering they are away for so much of the year i know i would certainly like to spend more time at home.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Fantastic said:
I was just about to come in here and post about Tatiana Golovin and Richard Gasquet possibly playing for France. How coincidental was that? Hehe.

What are the chances of Amelie Mauresmo saying no to Hopman Cup? What are the chances of Sebastien Grosjean or Fabrice Santoro saying no?

I would love for Tatiana and Richard to come. It would be interesting to see how Richard conducts himself in front of all these kids who will no doubt pester him.
Amélie is playing in the Hong Kong exhibition 5th - 8th January (thanks to Linnie for this info.), so maybe it is true about Tatiana and Richard; after their win earlier this year they would be a great team for Hopman Cup! Oh well, not long to wait now until 15th October... :D

141 - 157 of 157 Posts