Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
Yes i know but Mauresmo really enjoyed last year and has asked to come back and is number one choice because of her ranking

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Federer most probably and Casanova,

Myriam seems to love playing Events such as these, and if Patty is going to be commited to the Goldcoast it is a Roger And Myriam pairing, thats if they want to play, because only one Swiss Team member was interested last year. and that was Roger.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
A new Dutch team can't be far off. Netherlands hasn't played since 1997. Out of the men, they could choose from Sjeng Schalken, Martin Verkerk and Raemon Sluiter. Out of the women, they'd have to look all the way down the list to Elise Tamaela and perhaps even Michaella Krajicek. The Hopman Cup has been known to uncover new talent, so perhaps Tamaela and Krajicek aren't such long shots.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'd also like to see Israel - Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi and perhaps Harel Levy. There is a big Jewish community with Israeli roots in Perth.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
NO Thailand please! I want Tammy to play in Goldcoast. BTW, Thailand was the runner up in 2000 right? They lost to South Africa 3-0 or something like that ... ummm not sure

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
Israel or Holland, that would be good! but havent been mentioned last i heard a Schalken/Krajicek pairing i reckon would do alright!

Don't like the chances of a swiss team as Patty has already said she plans to play GoldCoast in 2005 so they will be speaking to Myriam at Us Open

Clijsters apparently said she will play, but nothing in writing as yet!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Poor Roger, he wants to come back but can't find a woman to play with. Maybe he's a jinx and the Swiss girls know it. Every woman he's ever played with in the event is now too severely injured to play ever again. If they want new talent, they could try Timea Bacsinszky. But then, he wouldn't want to jinx such a young girl.

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
Molik has already been asked and said yes sorry Spikey and besides sam will need to play gold coast to defend all those points

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I would hate it if Arthurs accepted an invite. :(

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
arthurs is not high on the list

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
If Lleyton doesnt play i reckon they would ask todd and chris before Mark and Wayne

Not sure about Molik though . . . . if sure Pratty would play if they asked but they might be more inclined to ask Sam but she should defend in Gold Coast . . .

An Italian team and Argintine Team would be cool !!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Alicia Molik and Fantastic! :p
Margaret Court and Fantastic! :p

;)

·
Registered
32,778 Posts
Fantastic said:
Tough one for RUSSIA - The French Open champion (Myskina) or the Wimbledon champion (Sharapova)? In marketing terms, Sharapova will probably be the bigger drawcard, but in fairness, Myskina is Russia's best, potentially the next World No. 1 player and holds a good H2H record against Sharapova. Undeniably, both deserve to play here, but only one of them can be invited.
Pick Maria!! Pick Maria!! :bounce:
Im already organising tickets, so it would be a massive bonus if Maria plays!!!
Tough choice on form though having both won a GS this year.

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
Olivia OMG what do you want aussies to get smashed in every match azza
LOL

Im 110% sure about Alicia, sven don't you worry about that and they will ask Mark next if Lleyton does not play

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
ozfan44 said:
Olivia OMG what do you want aussies to get smashed in every match azza
LOL

Im 110% sure about Alicia, sven don't you worry about that and they will ask Mark next if Lleyton does not play
Ok cool

wasnt sure if mark wanted to play . . i no he played with Dokic in a successful team a few years ago but personally i would rather see Todd or Chris play

Teams i wanna see

AUSSIE !!
Usa
Russia
Belgium
Spain
Switzerland
Slovak

Qualifying ??
Italy
Argentina
France
Thailand

That would be a pretty cool Hopman Cup !!

21 - 40 of 157 Posts