Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some! As I noticed a lot of interesting things:

1. Casanova is very impressive, this is the first time I've seen her play. If she can work on her fitness, she will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. She has great groundstrokes and a good serve.

2. Mauresmo's second serve is horrible. I never saw her serve second serves like that - they were consistently in the 60s and low 70s.

3. Mauresmo had a really bad temper today. Maybe it was because it was hot and she wasn't playing her best tennis, who knows.

4. Ashley Harkleroad was in the commentary booth and she didn't seem very friendly toward the other players. I dunno, nothing important, but thought you might want to know!

Based on Mauresmo's performance today, she will not repeat her semifinal berth at last year's US Open.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Ashley said Vera would come out with the best result out of the 8-16 seeds. :D

And Casanova was very good..

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
I have some! As I noticed a lot of interesting things:

1. Casanova is very impressive, this is the first time I've seen her play. If she can work on her fitness, she will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. She has great groundstrokes and a good serve.

2. Mauresmo's second serve is horrible. I never saw her serve second serves like that - they were consistently in the 60s and low 70s.

3. Mauresmo had a really bad temper today. Maybe it was because it was hot and she wasn't playing her best tennis, who knows.

4. Ashley Harkleroad was in the commentary booth and she didn't seem very friendly toward the other players. I dunno, nothing important, but thought you might want to know!

Based on Mauresmo's performance today, she will not repeat her semifinal berth at last year's US Open.
I am no Mauresmo fan, but I think you should give her a break. From what I saw, she played really well, better than I thought she would. I agree with you on Myriam's weight; she needs to lose a considerable amount of weight if she wants to be a top ten player, which she can be based on what I saw today.

BTW, if Amelie plays Kim the way she played today (if they meet in the quarterfinal), I think she could upset Kim. Remember, she beat her last year in the fourth round.

Reactions: Linnie

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lizchris...I agree that Mauresmo can beat Clijsters if they meet, but NOT if Amelie plays the way she did today. She needs to regain the form she had last year and at the beginning of the year before her injury. You really think she played well today? She had a lot of mishits and horrible second serves. Just my humble opinion, I guess.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,123 Posts
I agree that Amélie did not play her best today, but to make a definitive statement about her chances at the Open is just plain ludicrous. The more matches she plays, the better her game is gonna get - bet on that. Myriam played very well today. If her fitness improves, she'll be a force to be reckoned with - bet on that, too.

BTW, I though Ashley was really sweet :)

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
lizchris...I agree that Mauresmo can beat Clijsters if they meet, but NOT if Amelie plays the way she did today. She needs to regain the form she had last year and at the beginning of the year before her injury. You really think she played well today? She had a lot of mishits and horrible second serves. Just my humble opinion, I guess.
Considering the injury she has, I think she played well. Obvoiusly, she has played better, especially if she is healthy. Plus I think the heat was getting to her.

·
Banned
84 Posts
It was a horrible match... that´s why ESPN prefers ATP tour matches.
Mauresmo service is terrible.. She doesn´t have a fluent movement and she has a really short toss.
I also think that she has problems with her timing and movility. WEll I can´t believe Jen has lost to her so many times!!!!

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
iosonoti said:
It was a horrible match... that´s why ESPN prefers ATP tour matches.
Mauresmo service is terrible.. She doesn´t have a fluent movement and she has a really short toss.
I also think that she has problems with her timing and movility. WEll I can´t believe Jen has lost to her so many times!!!!
The reason why Jennifer has lost to her the last few times is becasue her second serve is worse than Amelie's.

·
Premium Member
38,996 Posts
LindsayRulez said:
i watched amelie's match vs. dementieva last week, and she was suprisingly loud there, too... :scratch:

congrats myriam on a good performance. :bigclap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.