Tennis Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Antwerp Singles Main Draw Final Result:

(2)VAN HAAK, Brenda def. (1)GONZALEZ, Adriana 0-6, 7-5, 6-1
Brenda again started slow but was able to take still the match. Another carpet title for Van Haak who is happy of winning a match infront of her crowd, this time Brenda wasn't a surprisive winner since we expected her to do well since the beggining.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Bogota Singles Final Result:

TALIAMANOSOKO, Ruflina def. (Q)TORRES, Regla 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
Ruflina wanted to get a title this year and already got it, played great second and third set to beat a Regla that comes stronger than ever. Really looking good for both veteran players!

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Memphis Singles Main Draw Final Result:

(1)WHITTEN, Caroline def. NOVENTZ, Gisele 7-5, 6-3
Caroline finishes the week with a title in Memphis, Gisele gave her best and had a very nice week too and she must keep it up. Caroline only lost a set this week and will try to continue this way for the next top level tournaments.

·
Chionophile
40,263 Posts
Regla still smiling

Ruflina Taliamonokos defeated Regla Torres in the finals of Bogota 2-6 6-4 6-4. The match was a high quality match especially in the last two sets with Taliamonosoko edging out both. The pair hugged at the net and later exchanged kind words at the victory ceremony. Regla Torres, "I'm so happy for Ruflina, I know what it's like to go for a long time without reaching tournament finals and not winning tournaments. I ended that last week in Paris, and I know exactly what Ruflina's feeling right now. Congratulations to you Ruflina. You played a great match, you're going to have a terrific year." Torres, now leaves Colombia, to go to Mexico, where she hopes she can do one match better. She has been twice a finalist in the Acapulco tournament.

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
bitch Caroline :crying2: :crying2:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
That annoys me knowing I would have beaten Ruffy in 2 sets :mad:

Congrats nonetheless :yeah:

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,447 Posts
Taliamanosoko ends title drought

The last time Ruflina Taliamanosoko won a title was exactly 2 years ago at the Bogota tournament in Colombia. Since then, she's only been in two other finals, through a serious drought, a mini-retirement, and now a comeback and she's relieved.

After three impressive sets against the hot Regla Torres, Ruflina played her best tennis of the tournament in the final, edging out the newly citizined Cuban 2/6, 6/4, 6/4. After the last point, a forehand winner, Ruflina dropped to the ground as if she had won a Grand Slam. It was a happy time for a happy player.

"To win this title just means so much to me. To start of with, it was the last one I won in 2003 and now to comeback two years later and take the title, it makes this event sweet for me. I was so determined this week to keep my focus through all my matches, I had to fight playing Mazu, Arantxa, Nicoletta, and finally Regla. This didn't come easy and it makes the title all the more worth it. I hope this bodes well for the new season because I know I can win and I have the focus and determination to do so."

Taliamanosoko proudly displays the 2005 Bogota Trophy

·
Team WTAworld, TOP President
9,327 Posts
Congratulations Brenda, Caroline and Ruflina :)

Good job Adriana, Gisele and Regla :)

181 - 190 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.