Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Juliana Lapentti to get a chance at world's #1

On the singles win over Vicario: I had to fight so hard. The girls are so powerful and I need to outsmart them to win. She hits a very heavy ball and I had to move it around in order to win today. After qualifying, I felt really confident going in the match today. This being one of the only tournament in South America, I really want to do well since my family and friends came from Quito (Ecuador) to watch me. I'm satisfied to win it for them.

On playing Jane Wong next: She is so good. I mean, she's #1 so she must be doing something right(laugh). It will be a great test to gage my game. But out of the top players, I'd rather play against her because she won't overpower me. It will be like a chess match and I like that. It's really where I shine, usually.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Juliana Lapentti gets by Jane Wong!

About the win against Wong: It's unbelievable. I've just defeated the #1 player in the world and in two sets. I've played my best match. The organizer gave me the stats after the match and I've only made 6 errors. I made her hit a ton of balls. She is one of the fitess players in the world but in the middle of the second set, I could see she was getting tired and that she was not running as fast.

About reaching the semifinal: It's great. I have been playing qualifying for a long time and not having a lot of success. I'll give it my all to go further in the draw. Ruflina will be hard. She is the kind of player I have problems with. She hits so hard. I'll try to keep the ball in play and wait for my chances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.