Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
hmmmm Brooke Allemang requested that Antwerp be her (1) and Bogota be her (2), and since she's going to be playing qualifying in both.... why isn't she in Antwerp? Thanks :)

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
2005 PROXIMUS DIAMOND GAMES - ANTWERP

February 17th, 2005

GRAF/TANASUBIN-HARDENPORT def. (WC)ALLEMANG/DOKIC
6-7 7-6 7-5

An Interview With: BROOKE ALLEMANG

Q: A pretty good week for you. Anything needed to improve for Doha?

ALLEMANG: Well, my singles game has just been awful the past two weeks. Too bad, my doubles game has not been much more impressive. I've really been relying on Jelena's play lately. It's been absolutely phenominal all the experience I've had under her wing. I just hope my forehand will hold up, somehow my backhand has been able to keep up with this high level. So hopefully some new hope in Doha.

Q: How has the carpet surface helped or hindered your game?

ALLEMANG: Let's just say, Moscow and Zurich aren't in my fall schedule (laughs). No, well next year I don't plan on coming back to Paris, but Antwerp's court appeared to move slightly slower. I've always enjoyed the slower courts, but lately hard has been going well for me. My serve has just been killed on these courts and lately I've felt fatigued.

Q: Will you and Jelena continue playing in Doha?

ALLEMANG: Well, she's going to continue with her sister Jennie. They want to rekindle their friendship and make it strengthen their. I hope for the best in their doubles partnership.

Q: Can you comment on how Graf and Tanasubin-Hardenport played?

ALLEMANG: Good enough to beat us (laughs). Graf seemed on fire, running down every ball and hitting with perfect placement. Maronica, I didn't know what to expect from her, but there was a grace she commanded on court. Pretty interesting. But it was really tough because neither of them overpowered me or Jelena, but were able to have perfect placement. And There is definitately a barrier between the top 40, and some us down at the challenger level.

Q: How do you feel about the surge of players revealing their sexuality?

ALLEMANG: I was raised into a very traditional household, so I have likely a much different perspective than many other players. It's wonderful they have the confidence to announce these characteristics about themselves that many would feel ashamed of but, I feel that at the end of the day it's tennis, not Oprah. Hopefully they will remember to focus on their tennis.

Q: Any views on the dilemma between Sugarn-Hawke and Noventz?

ALLEMANG: (laughs) Don't you care about my tennis? Ummm well, I think it's great Tami has found someone she wishes to spend her life with, but as disrespectful Noventz' comments were-- I found her quite a comedic person. But I would love to see how they would play against eachother in a tournament! That's one match I'd buy tickets for. Nonetheless, when you have a room full of women, you can only expect a few arguments to happen if not many.

Q: Last question. Do you have any goals in Doha? Any predictions?

ALLEMANG: Win some matches. And then the title (laughs). I just hope to get through qualifying, that would be great for me. And then find a doubles partner because I need to improve these rankings! I really see Jelena leaving Doha with a title, maybe even Ferrer. Maybe me (laughs). Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.