Tennis Forum banner
2701 - 2720 of 2733 Posts

·
Registered
40,119 Posts
Is this her last slam or is her ranking enough for Roehampton?
If you don't play anywhere and lose every time you do, slam qualies are soon out of reach for her... Such a shame. Do you actually expect her to really play in Roehampton?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Her current ranking is 250. The last qualifier to get in the FO (Burrage) was ranked 240. At her current ranking, she probably has to qualify for most 25K tournaments.

·
Premium Member
66,676 Posts
Good win for Toni (y)

·
Admin
67,952 Posts
Very good win for Antonia, did not expect that one but she played a good match.
1st set was prett good in general, couldnt watch the 2nd set but surprised that she was able to come back after she got broken herself at 3-3 for the first time.
Arruabarrena next, tough draw for Toni still unfortunately.
I just hope that she starts to play more regularly again soon, she still is abl to play some good tennis but she needs more matches to get more consistent again (and to get more points as well obviously, this could be her last slam otherwise)

·
Registered
18,082 Posts

Some Highlights.

Her FH looks massive. Bigger than ever before.

As for her schedule: We sometimes just don't know what's behind a player. It's just speculating, but at some point until a year ago she was concerningly thin. We don't know the problems people face, maybe there was a problem. Maybe there still are problems. Mentally, physically. We don't know that.

Every other person still trys to do their job, even when struggeling.

I said this before: Life can be tough as a tennis player.
There is constant pressure to grow. Grow as a player, improve your body, your mental health. Proving critics, Homesickness etc.

Yes, It's all speculation, but it all may play a part in what a player is, will be and the decisions they make.

·
Admin
67,952 Posts
I watched 1st set a bit, all chances there but she was too wild at times with too many UEs, shame, as Arruabarrena was beatable.
Also worrying that she has a few MTOs again because of her right arm this time, she barely plays but yet has MTOs in almost all of her matches, curious to see where she plays next, she needs to play more tournaments now to get back into top 200 and the Grand Slams.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
If i counted right Lottner ist 21th Alternative for Wimbledon Quali. No Chance I say. In Paris the first 13 Alts Made IT to Quali draw

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
She is only alt 24 for Wimbledon. So No Chance and probably game over If U miss the Most important Tournament on your best surface

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
No Chance for Wimbledon. So she withdrew. Otherwise she could have played Bad Homburg. With No Grass Tournament played I guess ITS over !

·
Registered
40,119 Posts
The only thing I have to say is: It's her fault entirely that she is not getting into draws because she never plays - unless she never updated us on a long-term injury etc.

·
Registered
21,856 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
What is she doing there?
Unclear. Like many of her posts, it was about food and tagged her location. She said the the food is good here. Maybe she is just training there. Before the French Open she was at Yellow Blood Tennis.

·
Registered
651 Posts
She was a late MD withdrawal on July 1st from the W60 Biarritz. She posted a photo on Instagram of herself drinking water courtside with the caption "Patience" and an hourglass emoji.

2701 - 2720 of 2733 Posts