8,954 Posts
another bad loss by lena.

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
no match pts, she couldnt get that far :mad:

forget her ranking its more her brains i'm concerned about
loses serve far too easily :mad:
Serve/mind and everything goes out of the window from time to time :fiery: :smash:

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Being a fan of these flaky Russian girls is NOT easy. :mad:

I think I will sort out which are the mentally stongest few, and keep on cheering them on with gusto. :D

The others, such as my former favorite of the bunch, Elena Bovina, I won't really follow closely any more, but will just root for mildly and from afar. Maybe WAY afar. :eek:

Hey -- I like the Russian players! But getting my hopes up has not yielded a good return of enjoyment with these likable ladies! Time to cut them loose!

Bye, Elena! My rollercoaster ride with you is over now. But I wish you only the best in the rest of your (puzzling, infuriating) career. :kiss:

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Pffff Janie..

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Elena was on top throughout the 1st set. And served for the match at 6-4 5-3 up in the 2nd, and lost her serve!

She was two points away from the match in the next game at 5-4: 30-30, but seemed to fall apart from then on.

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
janie said:
Sorry, Jordan! I know how my post must look to you.

But look who my top faves have been over the years: Monica, Steffi, Justine.

I expect some WINS from my faves! :D
Will you become a big fan of her's again when she wins US Open next year? :p

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
janie said:
Being a fan of these flaky Russian girls is NOT easy. :mad:

I think I will sort out which are the mentally stongest few, and keep on cheering them on with gusto. :D

The others, such as my former favorite of the bunch, Elena Bovina, I won't really follow closely any more, but will just root for mildly and from afar. Maybe WAY afar. :eek:

Hey -- I like the Russian players! But getting my hopes up has not yielded a good return of enjoyment with these likable ladies! Time to cut them loose!

Bye, Elena! My rollercoaster ride with you is over now. But I wish you only the best in the rest of your (puzzling, infuriating) career. :kiss:
try supporting patty and chanda for a long period of time period janie. then you will know what real pain is like ;). the thing about me though is that i start to like the player less when they reach the top of the game eg i used to like roddick a lot and hate henman, and now i find myself really hoping tim beats andy! i think i am a sucker for punishment.

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Jordan, sure, if Elena wins the US Open next year, I will be thrilled for her and for her long-suffering fans. :hearts:
As I said, I haven't stopped liking her; she's a nice kid.

But if she loses to a 14-year-old wild card in Bali or Sopot, I'm no longer going to agonize over it. I will semi-expect ANYTHING from her; I'll applaud the good, smile at the bad. :)

switz, LOL about the life of a Patty fan!!! :D Chanda too. :sad: You certainly DO know what it is like to be a big fan of the Russians. :)

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Monsters said:
guess all those pressure to defend the points
probably got to the best of her,
but i say reaching TOP 20 alone is an achievement in itself
does she remind anyone of Daja Badanova:)?
very different games. certainly results-wise there careers are been remarkable similar, but bedanova serves volleys and physically does not possess bovina attributes. i think bovina will come back, she just needs to short out some of the problems with her head. of course i said the same thing about patty about five years ago and i'm still waiting for her to sort out those problems ;)

i think it's the curse of the US Open quarter-finalist. Schnyder (98), Schett (99), Bedanova (01), Bovina (02) all made the quarter-finals of the US Open and then the next year struggled and saw their ranking fall significantly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.