Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I dont understand I think the pierce match has effected her, I could be wrong, but she should even beat the likes of Dinara, who is good, but could she have beaten Dokic a year ago NO!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
How can she be in another slump when shes allready in one :p ;)
hehe, I think a rest of the tour would be advisable, or cutting down her tournaments (her schedule over the past couple of months, if not the whole year again has been abit stessing no doubt.)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
she's getting the curse for dumping her parents over her boyfriend.:bounce:

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
BasicTennis said:
PATTY SCHNYDER WENT THROUGH THAT :sad: :sad: (Though of course we know Patty is a more talented ;) )

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
What she said about her scheduling and cutting it it´s just ridiculous - like her whole year

I understand that her plans were - when playing well - to play less events and now that this isn´t the case she plays EACH week instead of resting

But she does herself no good because players aren´t afraid of her game but beat her with ease and get bonus points for that

And tournament-wise she gets GOLD EXEMPT WCs for events like Leipzig and everybody there knows that she´ll go out early and should be angry about her taking this WC instead of giving it to promising players that should be in the tournament longer.

It´s the Kournikova-effect: You give WC to good looking players with no prospect of winning a first round and then you have no-name but promising players in the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
34,283 Posts
BasicTennis said:
and María Antonia Sánchez Lorenzo, but now she's in one of her best seasons in the circuit :)

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
well, she should quit playing so many tourneys. maybe just the tier 3-4-5.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
i think the loss to mary has affected her...i think it couldve maybe reversed the downward spiral a little bit if shed beat mary, but now its definately gone worse :(

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think Jelena is just trying to find her game & when she runs into a GOOD player like Dinara, she gets beat most of the time right now. Plus, she does need to stop playing so much.

I hope Jelena knows she needs to play less. She might just be playing a bunch right now to make sure she has enough points to be seeded as best she can for AO. She seems to want to play there again & if she cares about her ranking she needs to.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
About crazy amount of tournaments and stats:
Average top 30 player plays 21,7 tournaments per season.
Average points she earned per tournament is 40,4
If she had played normal amount of tourneys her points should be around 879 – it’s around #36 (like Molik ;)

And she was top 10 player!?! Things are pretty ugly. Her new coach have not helped her. I can't see way out of this :(

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
It's sad for Jelena, I like her a lot, she's so cool! But I'm happy that Dinara won! She's a great player!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Jelena really should've won that match.

Good for Dinara, but I feel sad for Jelena...

Oh. and BasicTennis, she didn't dump her parents. She gained independence from her overbearing father.

·
Registered
340 Posts
kku said:
Jelena really should've won that match.
How? and Why? :confused:

Dinara has got to the fourth round of the US Open this year... She is good at playing hardcourt!!! :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ruski said:
How? and Why? :confused:

Dinara has got to the fourth round of the US Open this year... She is good at playing hardcourt!!! :)
Hehe :)

I meant to say that Dokic in her prime would beat Dinara convincingly.

·
Banned
635 Posts
Dinara Safina, at this point in her career, has no business beating someone like Dokic.

Her 4R at US Open was from a very weak draw, and her performance against Justine was laughable.

Safina is as slow as molasses, and she plays brainless tennis. Jelena has the speed to just push everything back, and win, if need be.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Dinara already beat Elena D. in clay court season because Elena retired...so she is already passed the point where she can beat a top 25 player and last year she did beat Silvia Farina Elia, who was a top 20 player at the time...
Hey, she took advantage of her weak draw, and i was surprise she did, and her performance against Justine was admirable

1 - 20 of 22 Posts