Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its really :sad: sad :sad: to see a 'GREAT' :worship: champion like Venus Williams, the 'REAL' no. 2 of the WTA tour go TWO full years without winning a slam. :sad:

The question now is, Will she EVER win a GS again and catch up at the no. of slam wins with her one time foe and the now retired Martina Hingis or will Hingis, as usual, ALWAYS remain AHEAD of Venus in the all time great list?? :sad:

Just a question guys so PLEASE don't get too worked up (especially the Williamsphiles who are known to be .............never mind ;) )

Reactions: Hurley

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Diya said:
Its really :sad: sad :sad: to see a 'GREAT' :worship: champion like Venus Williams, the 'REAL' no. 2 of the WTA tour go TWO full years without winning a slam. :sad:

The question now is, Will she EVER win a GS again and catch up at the no. of slam wins with her one time foe and the now retired Martina Hingis or will Hingis, as usual, ALWAYS remain AHEAD of Venus in the all time great list?? :sad:

Just a question guys so PLEASE don't get too worked up (especially the Williamsphiles who are known to be .............never mind ;) )
You don't care about Venus. You should worry about Cappy who hasn't won a title in 19 months.

Venus IS great, there is no disputing that.

·
Registered
599 Posts
MOCKMonster :rolleyes:
Venus will have the last :lol:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
She doesn't deserve the #1 or #2 or even #3 ranking. Shes my favorite player, but im not even that dense to say that shes the #2. Serena, Justine, and Kim are all more worthy than venus. Serena is just simply amazing Kim has like 4 or 5 tournaments and justine has 6 compared to Venus with one tournament. Kim has performed better in all the slams than Venus, Serena has 2 of them, and Justine has a slam too. Venus hasn't/wont win a slam in coming up 3 years. I also believe that Serena is fully committed and i respect her more than venus because she looks at the game half-heartedly. Serena is and always be the better player of the two. I feel bad "(

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
She doesn't deserve the #1 or #2 or even #3 ranking. Shes my favorite player, but im not even that dense to say that shes the #2. Serena, Justine, and Kim are all more worthy than venus. Serena is just simply amazing Kim has like 4 or 5 tournaments and justine has 6 compared to Venus with one tournament. Kim has performed better in all the slams than Venus, Serena has 2 of them, and Justine has a slam too. Venus hasn't/wont win a slam in coming up 3 years. I also believe that Serena is fully committed and i respect her more than venus because she looks at the game half-heartedly. Serena is and always be the better player of the two. I feel bad "(
2 years, not 3. Kim hasn't been better than Venus at the slams in the past year.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
This could be the kick up the butt Venus needs - she has seemed a bit disinterested in tennis this year, but I think getting injured and underperforming at the French Open and in the Wimbledon final (she could have beaten Serena if healthy I reckon) and not playing at all at the US Open will renew her hunger for next year.

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
jbone_0307 said:

And, so what...??? You're not really a fan of either, so why should you caree...??? None of Venus' true fans are claiming that she is the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best player this year...The girl is "INJURED"...!!! What phucking more do you azzholes want...???...!!!...???

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Knizzle said:
2 years, not 3. Kim hasn't been better than Venus at the slams in the past year.

Actually overall she hasn't

Venus

AO- Finals
French Open-4th round
Wimbledon-Finals
US Open-dnp

Kim

AO- Semi Finals
French Open- Semi-Final
Wimbledon-Semi-Finals
US Open-???

Kim has been more consistent and done better than the slams than Venus because venus lost 4th round, where kim has made the Semi-Finals of all the slams.

Oh and actually it might be coming up on 3 years because shes not playing the open.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Actually overall she has

Venus Kim

AO- Finals AO-Semi-Finals
French Open-4th round French Open-Finals
Wimbledon-Finals Wimbledon-Semi Finals
US Open-dnp US Open-???

Kim has been more consistent and done better than the slams than Venus because venus lost 4th round, where kim has made the Semi-Finals of all the slams.

Oh and actually it might be coming up on 3 years because shes not playing the open.
No don't try it, the 2003 US Open hasn't started, so 2002 is the past year. Besides we don't know how far Kim will go.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Mark Newman said:
This could be the kick up the butt Venus needs - she has seemed a bit disinterested in tennis this year, but I think getting injured and underperforming at the French Open and in the Wimbledon final (she could have beaten Serena if healthy I reckon) and not playing at all at the US Open will renew her hunger for next year.
Venus was once winning TWO slams a year (for TWO years ) and now she has gone SLAMLESS for TWO years. :sad:

Her 2003 has been FAR WORSE than her 2002 which was not even half as good as her 2001.

So, I dunno if a BAD 2003 will really fire her up . I mean a sub par 2002 didn't really do that as we can see from her results so far !

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
Monsters said:
i think his point is Venus sucks and Jennifer rules, i think:)

And, the on-slaught continues, from non-fans (like the creator of this thread) to the "ridiculous"...!!! But, no matter what, an injured Venus has proven more of a champions-hearted player than most others and the haters can't stand it...!!! Here's a novel idea...go cheer your own favs on and let Venus heal in peace...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
i dont see how you can compare hingis to venus...venus is still playing and hingis is...well...retired :tape:
Its clear she hasnt had the best year of her career, but who cares...besides serena and justine (and maybe kim) what players can honestly say that they are satisfied with their results.

Venus can gain a boatload of points next year, which is a positive for her

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.