Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The page is excellent. I really like it. But this is not the first time they've messed up with facts. They said Lindsay was the 2001 US OPEN Champion, well... we would all had loved that, but she was in 98. And now this (talking about Likhovtseva and Suarez):

Neither player had a particularly harrowing path to the round of 16, and only Likhovtseva had been as deep as a quarter in a Grand Slam previously; she reached that round at both Wimbledon in 2002 and the Australian Open in 2000. For her part, Suarez has won three small singles titles and a total of 27 doubles championships, including three at Slams. However, Suarez is the higher-ranked singles player, and she came into the match as the 24th seed at this year's Open.

HELLO!? Last year she reached Roland Garros QF losing to Fernandez (First time ever two Argentine WTA players meet in a QF of a Grand Slam). This was not such a big mistake, but comon! If you're gonna right a fact do it well.

Joaco

· Registered
26,637 Posts
Let me give you one that by some hyper-technical definition isn't a mistake, but is totally misleading wording. There's a "match of the day" type analysis, which was Kim vs. Meghann when I looked this morning. It was obviously written by a professional tennis type, but the graphics presented almost like a "tale of the tape" boxing preview, minus the depth of statisics. So where's the catch? "Presented by George Foreman". Now it didn't say the retired boxer and heavyweight champ of the infomercial world DID the analysis, so there's not technically a lie. But USTA, WTF precisely does "Presented by" mean? :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.