Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Won juniors semi-final against Katerina Bondarenko (Ukraine) 6-1 4-6 6-2

She already won juniors Wimbledon singles tournament this year......and now she'll play the US open final against here double partner Michaela Krajicek.


Congrats Kirsten Flipkens :yeah:


:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:



Here first goal is to get in the WTA Top 100 ;)


Go Kirsten Go :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Actually, you typed Kristen instead of Kirsten :angel: :p

But you're right : she's having nice results lately. This USopen will be her last junior tournament. I hope she makes the best of her pro-career!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
Lord please save me from these belgians....except for kimmie.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BelgianGirl said:
Actually, you typed Kristen instead of Kirsten :angel: :p

But you're right : she's having nice results lately. This USopen will be her last junior tournament. I hope she makes the best of her pro-career!! :D

Its late....and I didn't sleep much last night ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,842 Posts
I seem to remember a thread after she won the Wimbledon juniors that people were commenting that she really isn't in the same league as her higher ranked compatriots.

Is this true? Is she destined to be more of a journeywoman or does she really have the stuff to be the next Belgian superstar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
She shouldnt have had to go three sets against Kat because Kat played a three hour marathon less than 2 hours before taking the court...

Saw Michaela play Cory Ann, who was injured and should have pulled out...anyway Michaela has the most awkward BH I have ever seen...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jakeev said:
I seem to remember a thread after she won the Wimbledon juniors that people were commenting that she really isn't in the same league as her higher ranked compatriots.

Is this true? Is she destined to be more of a journeywoman or does she really have the stuff to be the next Belgian superstar?

I don't know?.........maybe she can reach the Top 20.
Not all players peak at the same age.

Here double partner Michaela Krajicek is already a talent and she's 14 years old!


Both of them deserve to win this junior US open title :)
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
49,763 Posts
:) kirsten :) she has talent i think she has potential of a top 20 player!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toontje

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,198 Posts
Jakeev said:
I seem to remember a thread after she won the Wimbledon juniors that people were commenting that she really isn't in the same league as her higher ranked compatriots.

Is this true? Is she destined to be more of a journeywoman or does she really have the stuff to be the next Belgian superstar?
From what I have seen she's not the next best belgian superstar, but she will also be more as a nobody. Apart from her powerful forhand, her game is based on touch and variaty. And even if you are the best in it, those qualities need (more) time to get better so it's difficult to tell how high she will end.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
41,227 Posts
Kirsten is not in the same league as Kim or Justine..but if she really does well she could have a career like Sabine Appelmans.

I hope she makes it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,842 Posts
arn said:
From what I have seen she's not the next best belgian superstar, but she will also be more as a nobody. Apart from her powerful forhand, her game is based on touch and variaty. And even if you are the best in it, those qualities need (more) time to get better so it's difficult to tell how high she will end.
Well, if her forehand is that good, then she should be able to work on other aspects of her game that could propel her to stardom. I noticed she had a decent summer in the challengers but she did not win any titles.

And what about the other Belgian player, Leslie Buskwiecz?
 

·
Miss Verstand
Joined
·
16,531 Posts
its way too early to tell how far she'll get..

but go kirsten :worship: :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats with your second Grand Slam title Kirsten ;)

She won the two biggest events this year:

Wimbledon and US open today!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,463 Posts
Jakeev said:
Well, if her forehand is that good, then she should be able to work on other aspects of her game that could propel her to stardom. I noticed she had a decent summer in the challengers but she did not win any titles.

And what about the other Belgian player, Leslie Buskwiecz?
Leslie Butkiewicz? LOL, she's destined for $10,000 challengers ;)

She was never considered as a big talent anyway... :confused:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top