Tennis Forum banner

321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
113,362 Posts

·
Registered
31,103 Posts
They do seem really determined to find a way, but not a great sign if tickets are already being refunded.
They had to refund everyone as they will have to block most seats and VIP boxes if spectators are allowed by the French government.

·
Registered
31,043 Posts
They had to refund everyone as they will have to block most seats and VIP boxes if spectators are allowed by the French government.
Oh I thought that part was pretty obvious but not official as large/sports events are only suspended through September as of now. So the "won't happen without spectators" seems to be going out the window.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Oh I thought that part was pretty obvious but not official as large/sports events are only suspended through September as of now. So the "won't happen without spectators" seems to be going out the window.
IMO that was always going out the window and was just said to be said. I think what we will see at the beginning stages of having big events like this is something very elitist- the rich who are covid-19 negative can go everyone else can watch. I think that’s gonna be a whole nother issue.

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
They do seem really determined to find a way, but not a great sign if tickets are already being refunded.
The roof looks ugly.
I can't wait to tsee what it looks like in action. Maybe it's as yet unfinished, or still photos don't do it justice...

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Guy Forget: Roland Garros could start last week of September or 1st week of October.
"We are working closely with ATP, WTA & ITF" to finalize the date.
He also hopes to "welcome as many [fans] as possible."
FFT "should be ambitious & optimistic" but "will adapt" if they have to.

Europe 1 article (French)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Guy Forget: Roland Garros could start last week of September or 1st week of October.
"We are working closely with ATP, WTA & ITF" to finalize the date.
He also hopes to "welcome as many [fans] as possible."
FFT "should be ambitious & optimistic" but "will adapt" if they have to.

Europe 1 article (French)

Forget it Giii

·
Registered
113,362 Posts
This would have been the start of the French Open. I expect they will play it and with some fans.
The question is: what will the tours look like if US Open is played as scheduled in late Aug-early Sept?
Will FFT have a tournament as a lead up like US is having? That gets the players there
Will China have big purse tournaments, maybe move them back a few weeks?
Everything is still unsettled. No one knows

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
French Fed president Giudicelli said that if the French Open takes place this fall, it won't be behind closed doors. Theoretically, we're leaning towards a type of reduced level (of fans).

They're in "preparation mode" for the fall event.
They're working on full fans, doesn't seem possible, but you have to plan for it.
But the government authorities decide.
If we can do it "reduced fans", we wouldn't be satisfied.

·
Registered
113,362 Posts
I was optimistic they could play the French Open months ago, and I still think so. It doesnt seem possible to have full crowds, but NFL just said the same, and I put it in my last post, they are preparing for full crowds at all NFL games.
The FFT need to have people in the luxury suits and expensive seats. Especially for the sponsors, and lots of signage.
But a lot of money is attendance, food & merchandise, and I dont see how they do that.
Make sure the big spenders have their own little sections, thats probably the best they can do, and make it a good tv show for the rest

321 - 334 of 334 Posts