Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from the BBC and I was just wondering how reputable the article is actually, coming from the BBC it must be true but I am not sure...

Anna Kournikova is said to have been expelled from university after her father helped her cheat in exams. BBC Sport Online's Chris Charles takes up the story.
Anna Kournikova has been thrown out of college - for passing all her exams, according to reports.

University tutors had their suspicions aroused when the tennis star shone in all subjects, despite not attending a lecture for two years.

Upon investigation, they discovered Kournikova's father, Sergei, had sat the tests for her.

You'd think someone would have noticed the difference.

As a result, Kournikova was expelled from Moscow's Academy of Physical Culture and Sport.

Lectures

No prizes for guessing who is an honorary professor at the institute - that's right, good old Sergei.

College dean Sergeje Tabakova told the Daily Star newspaper: "Although she lost interest in studying and failed to attend lectures, she still passed all her exams with As and Bs, thanks to her father."

It's a shame daddy can't stand in for her during tennis tournaments - she might win one.

Mind you, the 20-year-old pin-up still manages to earn a small fortune from off-court promotional spin-offs and appears to be more interested in becoming a movie star.

But what happens if she does get her big break? Will Kournikova senior be expected to learn her lines?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
pfffff - i didn't even know she went to uni, well obviously she didn't :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Hey, come on now.
What good looking girl EVER does her own work in college and even on the job?
I did many papers for cute hotties. :eek: :p

Give ANNA those grades and a degree.
After all, she isn't going to be a neurosurgeon working on YOUR head, is she? :eek: ;) :p

·
Registered
225 Posts
TeeRexx said:
Hey, come on now.

gee... that sounded so unfair!, why guys tend to do this?, if you are a beautiful woman you can't be smart or have any kind of intelectual ability?, I hate that so much!!, I'm not trying to start an arguement here, but don't you think is wrong to think this way? . we all women are different, some of us have worked very hard to have a career and hearing this just upsets me!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Isanie - I am being a little sarcastic here.
I like to joke. I think all women should do their own work.
And then they can do the MENS work as well. ;) :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
That IS interesting and you would think someone WOULD have noticed Sergei hunkered down at that little tiny desk taking a fourth grade exam! Anna came to the U.S. when she was about 9 and she moved to Florida to train at a tennis academy. I doubt she even went to high school, let alone university. She certainly didn't go to university in Russia! This story sounds like something the BBC recycled from those infamous British tabloids.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Anastas - There was an academic school and tutors at the Bolleteri Academy where ANNA trained for tennis as a child.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
TeeRexx said:
Hey, come on now.
I did many papers for cute hotties. :eek: :p
Thats so unfair to us, non-hotties. :fiery: DISCRIMINATION! Not fair!!!

Damn, I'm just bitter about not being decent looking. Never mind me. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts