Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anna gets another opportunity to determine how far and fast her improvement has come. In a second round match at Dubai, she again goes up against Venus. It has been my experience, that the more you play Venus the tougher it becomes. So I predict tough sledding (since we are in the winter olympics) for the Russian native. Anna will win a tournie (tier IV) this year. :cool:

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Anna actually has the weapons to slow Venus down. She can slice off both sides, and she's fast. If she can consistently keep the ball low, and make Venus generate her own pace, Anna could make it interesting. Of course, the way Anna actually plays is nothing like that.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh, d-g! You made me smile. But I like your enthusiasm though.
Go Venus all the same.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Volcana said:
Anna actually has the weapons to slow Venus down. She can slice off both sides, and she's fast. If she can consistently keep the ball low, and make Venus generate her own pace, Anna could make it interesting. Of course, the way Anna actually plays is nothing like that.

You should send a private e-mail to Anna :)

·
Senior Member,
2,093 Posts
I am actually looking forward to Anna winning her 1st tournament. I just don't want her to beat Venus in the process. I'm going to be rooting for Venus all the way. I'll have to support Anna in another tournament.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
actually dh, Venus technically won't be #1 until Monday, so if Anna wins, it won't count as a victory over the #1, just the #1 seed. ;)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Actually Anna has only beaten Martina when she was ranked #1 at the time..

However what dh is refering too, is that she would have beaten the past 7 players to reach #1 (not actually #1 at the time she beat them, but have been #1)

Steffi, Monica, Martina, Arantxa, Lindsay and Jennifer

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I actually agree with Volcana, I saw Anna play live at the Erickson in Miami a few years ago, I thought she was amazing, if anyone told me back then that Anna would still be chasing her 1st WTA single titles a few years later, I would not believe it.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Good luck to Anna!! Don't mind the nay sayers!:rolleyes: :cool: :bounce:

·
Banned
692 Posts
Yeah cmon Anna Show how the russians can do it!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
A4 said:
Oh, d-g! You made me smile. But I like your enthusiasm though.
Thanks a lot A4. Cos thats all there is about me, really. There's no knowledge, so I have no idea if what I'm saying is true or not. But there's alway the enthusiasm. Its there through anything.

Enthusiasm rocks! Who needs anything else, when you have ENTHUSIASM?!

;)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
TSequoia01 said:
It has been my experience, that the more you play Venus the tougher it becomes.
Really? When was your experience playing Venus then?

As for Anna, yes of course she could beat Venus. But she needs to keep her head together & use all the variety that she can. Will it happen? Not bloody likely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts