Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so we're back yet again. anna showed some good tennis against mikaelian in the first round of the open :D i was sooo proud of her! i have no clue how she played during the rest of it - cause i wasnt there ;) but we're hoping for some good work :D

let's look at her draw:
(1)Anna Smashnova vs. Sun Tiantian
Yoon Jeong Cho vs. Shinobu Asagoe
Petra Mandula vs. Alicia Molik
(6)Patricia Wartusch vs. Miho Saeki

(3)Clarisa Fernandez vs. Janet Lee
Morigami Akiko vs. Amanda Grahame
Qualifier vs. Mi-Ra Jeon
Qualifier vs. (7)Angelique Widjaja

(8)Silvia Talaja vs. Qualifier
Marta Marrero vs. Jelena Kostanic
Zheng Jie vs. Liu Nannan
Mireille Dittman vs. (4)Anna Kournikova

(5)Adriana Serra-Zanetti vs. Qualifier
Qualifier vs. Antonella Serra-Zanetti
Vanessa Webb vs. Rika Fujiwara
Saori Obata vs. (2)Ai Sugiyama

ok, all that work this year has really paid off. a top seed at this event! great! that should boost her confidence :) most of you are probably saying "WHO is she playing in the first round?" w/ a confused look on ur face. that's good for anna - shouldn't be too hard. now, we saw what cho did to monica. and she has a similar playing style as anna. and surprisingly, anna really struggles w/ people who have her style (look at coetzer and hingis). should be a good one - expect a three setter. after there, anna should find either molik (who prefers grass) or wartusch (who likes clay). i still say anna can pull out her semi - she'll have more trouble from cho i think. from there, comes either clarisa or angelique. clarisa has not been so good in recent days, angelique has already beaten anna this year. that'll be a tight one. this could be a very good tournament for anna. let's hope so!

GO ANNA SMASHNOVA! (sorry, had to clarify the name ;) ) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:wavey: @ kerry (the original cheering thread supporter), aaron (the ever inclined website maniac), nimi (the original anna fan), karen (the greatest anna cheerleader) and all others who come in here! :D sorry if i missed someone :)

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
i hope so...

this realy could be a good tour for anna!!

i hope so!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Sweetly and creatively posted by Mikey
kerry (the original cheering thread supporter)
Thank you Mikey :kiss: We all got nicknames :bounce:

Good luck Anna!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Please keep wishing luck!!!

Well done Anna!!! Good luck tomorrow against Miho!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoa - and i thought cho would be the hard match, not against sun. im so impressed :D

go anna go! good luck against miho tomorrow :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I did too Mike. After Cho's match with Monica at the Open, I thought it would be tough for Anna.

She is like some of my other favs with this awesome surprise stuff. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
ana won again!!!!!!she in the semi!!!!!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
YES!!!!!!! :bounce:

Way to go Anna!!!! Please win the title!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Good luck against Angie tomorrow!!!!! You can do it in two easy sets Sweety!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts