Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following news from MegaKournikova.com ---

August 19th 2003

-Anna has announced she plans to be playing in the Wismilak International, that follows the US Open!

If this is true, that would be AWESOME :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
ive learned not to get my hopes up

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ok id love Anna to get back into the swing of things.

We know how talented she used to be and in 2000 when she statred to produce the consistent results i really expected her to break the top 5 in 2001 but thats was when her injury problems started.

If she could just get fit and injury free again and find her best form, i would love to see where she would stand in 2004. I reckon she can still be one of the ten best players in the world

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have to disagree with others here. The last article I read indicates that she still isn't fully recovered. I'd rather see her fully rehab and fully prepare. At this point, it will be better to just wait for the injury ranking anyways. Why risk aggravating the injury on a tournament that doesn't really mean anything?

I know it would be good for the tournament, but she's come back too soon too often.

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
tazban1 said:
I know it would be good for the tournament, but she's come back too soon too often.
Touche. I think alot of that has to do w/ her trying to proove everyone wrong about her dedication to tennis. Screw them. If I were her I would work on my serve, add a little spin to my shots, and come back next season w/ a protected ranking:D .

·
Registered
122,495 Posts
Anna was doing publicity for most of today. I didn't see her mention any future events.
I think if Anna was playing right after Flushing Meadows, she might have hinted at it.
But who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.