Tennis Forum banner

3161 - 3178 of 3178 Posts

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Nice win from Anna-Lena over Bencic :). This will give her much self-confidence. Next she will face Rybakina.

Linz R1:

[Q]Anna-Lena Friedsam def. [2]Belinda Bencic 6:4 2:6 6:2

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
She played pretty well :hearts: Bencic behaved like usual when losing so good riddance.
Very important win for Anna-Lena to get futher up in the ranking :). And if she can beat Bencic, she is on a very good way!

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
ALF :yeah:
First top 10 win of her career after a few top 20 wins before but no surprise that it happened in Linz, that tournament really suits her.
Happy that she was able to come back strong after she lost 6 games in a row in between, good fight from her.

Rybakina next, tough to predict, 4th match in a row for ALF already, hope that she will have enough energy left, that win today was great for her confidence but we´ll see if she can find her focus for tomorrow already again but either way, that win today will give her a good feeling for 2020, for ALF it´s just important to find some consistency and to be mentally strong (beside staying healthy obviously which is most important for her)

·
Registered
23,964 Posts
Great win :)
ALF got into the doubles draw as well, as an alternate with Lepchenko.

She also signed up to play in Moscow doubles, so I guess she will try to qualify there as well.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,076 Posts
I'm so happy for Anna-Lena, it feels like she is just getting started for 2020

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,602 Posts
Very good win over #2 seed Bencic in Linz R1 ! :bounce: :worship:

I knew she could win this. Anna-Lena showed her big talent and potential again.

Rybakina is a future Top 10 and Top 5 player, so not easy at all. Viel Glück !

·
Registered
50,602 Posts

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Gegen Rybakina war leider Schluss, entscheidend war das Break zum 4:5 im dritten Satz. 10 Asse schlug Rybakina zudem heute.

Linz R2:

[Q]Anna-Lena Friedsam def. Elena Rybakina 6:3 5:7 6:4 :sad:

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
Ggood fight back from 36 24 but then she was not able to convert a *4-2 lead herself in 3rd set.
A bit sad that a good tournament ended with losing 4 games in a row and a wasted chance for a QF but in general she can be more than happy with her performance here, 1st serve was not that strong as well , also made the difference today and in general just a bit too inconsistent as often but no shame losing to Rybakina obviously.
She had a MTO in the 2nd set, seems like she plans to play Moscow next (if she gets in there) and after that an ITF in France, good chances in general for some good results before 2019 is over as hard indoor suits her best but we´ll see if her body will be strong enough for it, as I said before, it´s important for her also to have a good off season to prepare as good as possible for 2020.

·
Registered
50,602 Posts
Ein Bild nach ihrem R1-Sieg in Linz gegen die an Nummer 2 gesetzte Bencic

Yes, they cheered so loud for Anna-Lena :D I guess from her home club ?
I was shocked that she got so much more support in Linz than #2 seed Bencic.

Ja, die Unterstützung war klasse ! So laut. Deutlich mehr Fans für Anna-Lena als für Bencic.
Ich hatte mich sehr gewundert. Aber gut für Anna-Lena. Sie scheinen geholfen zu haben :)

Schade, dass gegen Rybakina das Aus kam. Da war im dritten Satz mehr drinnen ...

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
ALF withdrew from doubles yesterday then also, official reason for it was "right shoulder injury" from Friedsam...
Hopefully nothing too serious but she definitely should withdraw from Moscow now IMO, some shoulder issues are normal here and there, especially after a few matches in a row, but always a bit more worrying in Anna-Lena´s case obviously.
I could not watch much yesterday but shoulder issues would explain her stats on serve in 3rd set also (87% IN but only 54% won).

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
ALF withdrew from doubles yesterday then also, official reason for it was "right shoulder injury" from Friedsam...
Hopefully nothing too serious but she definitely should withdraw from Moscow now IMO, some shoulder issues are normal here and there, especially after a few matches in a row, but always a bit more worrying in Anna-Lena´s case obviously.
I could not watch much yesterday but shoulder issues would explain her stats on serve in 3rd set also (87% IN but only 54% won).
Maybe she only withdrew because she wanted to make Moscow qualies her priority since she only made the doubles draw as an ALT anyways and probably didn’t expect to play doubles.
Fingers crossed that this is the case.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Friedsam is out of Poitiers and Nantes too.

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
sucks, was not surprised that she did not play Moscow but this is indeed worrying again unfortunately.
I guess she would have ended her season anyway after those two ITFs in France but the fact that she has shoulder issues again (which is quite likely as that was the official reason for her withdrawal from doubles in Linz also) is surely problematic but let´s hope that she ran recover from it over the upcoming weeks and start healthy again at latest in 2020.
I hope we get an update soon from her but she is one of those players who does not share too many details about injuries, so not that easy to find out what' s really going on....

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
She is on the list for the W100 tournament in Dubai, German championships are in the same week but I guess it would make more sense to play Dubai in her current situation but good sign in general to see her on an Entry List, still no update since she withdrew from all tournaments after Linz, let´s hope that she does not withdraw from Dubai now also....

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
W100 Dubai

1st round: Friedsam vs.
(4) Pera (USA)

Could have been easier but happy to see her back, I hope that her shoulder is not bothering her anymore and that she will be able to play some good matches here and next week in France.
Not a bad decision to play this two events before 2020 starts after the longer break before + in ideal case she wins some matches and will be seeded in Melbourne Q.

·
Admin
65,541 Posts
ALF def. Pera 6/4 6/1

Good start for ALF after that longer break and another top 100 for her, was 1-4 down but after that she only lost one game.
I only was able to catch the end of the match but Pera with tons of UEs there, she played aggressive tennis and put ALF under pressure often but had no consistency at all, ALF herself with more consistency and decent footwork as well from what I saw, her knee was taped but she looked healthy beside that but cant really judge about her shoulder, did not see enough of her today.

Ivakhnenko or Frech next, ALF should be able to beat both of them on a normal day, we'll see....

3161 - 3178 of 3178 Posts