Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fox23news.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=21DF5BA6-FA7F-49F8-9F49-0991E625DB56

Sexy sportswoman Anna Kournikova is already preparing for life after tennis, by making a bid for Hollywood.

The ravishing Russian has failed to score as much success on court as off it - she's more famous for her stunning looks than her serves and volleys and she has yet to win a single Grand Slam tournament.

So the 22-year-old is making plans for the big screen.

She says, "Someday I'd like to act - but not as my main thing. I did a small part as myself in the movie Me, Myself And Irene. It was a lot of hard work."

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Well there nothing I already didnt know about. In my tennis enycopidia of 1998 there is a similar quote.

· Registered
3,466 Posts
Actually that quote was taken from her Maxim interview earlier this year. She actually stated that she enjoyed the MM&I experience, but that she would prefer to play a three-hour tennis match than to act. Other than that statement, the interview sucked because it didn't really discuss her tennis, but instead kept drooling over her looks. (Yes, I know. What else could I expect from Maxim?)

Still, Anna really needs to come out and say something. Whatever she wants to do with her life is totally up to her. But by letting rumor and innuendo build up in the press, she is giving them fuel to mock her. I know that there is an old Hollywood adage that states even bad press is good press, but when a celebrity allows rumors to become quasi-truths then he or she really needs to step in and make a statement. Hell, even Ben and Jen did an exclusive interview about their relationship a couple of months ago.

It's sad. She had so much promise that has been pissed away for a little bit of money and fame.

· Registered
6,386 Posts
apoet29 said:
Still, Anna really needs to come out and say something. Whatever she wants to do with her life is totally up to her. But by letting rumor and innuendo build up in the press, she is giving them fuel to mock her. I know that there is an old Hollywood adage that states even bad press is good press, but when a celebrity allows rumors to become quasi-truths than he or she really needs to step in and make a statement. Hell, even Ben and Jen did an exclusive interview about their relationship a couple of months ago.

It's sad. She had so much promise that has been pissed away for a little bit of money and fame.
Great post!

· Registered
26,637 Posts
If she can't play without frequent pain in '04, I say "go for it". She can fill seats in theaters too, and doesn't need an Oscar nomination right away to get several chances. I don't see Julia Roberts get bashed for acting, so if Anna finds that 2B her "true calling", she absolutely should not be ashamed of a career change.

· Registered
3,466 Posts
JollyRoger said:
If she can't play without frequent pain in '04, I say "go for it". She can fill seats in theaters too, and doesn't need an Oscar nomination right away to get several chances. I don't see Julia Roberts get bashed for acting, so if Anna finds that 2B her "true calling", she absolutely should not be ashamed of a career change.
You're kidding, right?

· Registered
18,949 Posts
apoet29 said:
Hey sweetie,

Hope you are having a good weekend. I'm sitting here in the library, preparing for Monday's classes! :eek: My sister is right. I really need to get a life. :lol:
:wavey: sumeeta!

lmao, I've served my library quota for the month, already. if steam's reading this, you lied when you said AIS is a joke.

and sumeeta, you already have a life :p

· Registered
18,949 Posts
JollyRoger said:
erm...okay.

· Registered
6,386 Posts
GBFH said:
:wavey: sumeeta!

lmao, I've served my library quota for the month, already. if steam's reading this, you lied when you said AIS is a joke.

and sumeeta, you already have a life :p
Well, I'm sorry. It was a real joke for someone as intelligent and so talented in the art of bullshit like myself.

· Registered
18,949 Posts
Steam said:
Well, I'm sorry. It was a real joke for someone as intelligent and so talented in the art of bullshit like myself.
I have none of those skills. and our horrible professor gave us this manual accounting systems project which I have spent twenty-three hours on and STILL not finished. and he's making it due the day of the first exam. this blows.

· Registered
34,373 Posts
that doesnt at all say she wants to swap court for screen...my god, she said maybe someday but that doesnt mean now while she is still recovering to get back on the court cause she has years ahead of her on the court...the title is ridiculously dramatic, and false...along with the fact that it was an old quote...sheesh :rolleyes:

· Registered
18,949 Posts
monicAnna said:
that doesnt at all say she wants to swap court for screen...my god, she said maybe someday but that doesnt mean now while she is still recovering to get back on the court cause she has years ahead of her on the court...the title is ridiculously dramatic, and false...along with the fact that it was an old quote...sheesh :rolleyes:
this is done all of the time. anna isn't talking, and they need to keep her in the news. it's so sorry :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.