Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got official info from the wta tour that there was an exhibition that happened in 1999, it was very private, not many people knew about it. There was a private research company that organized the exhibition and they played it in Los Angeles in front of a 500 people crowd, mainly selected people from several companies.

Anyways, Anna reportedly beat Serena 6-2, 6-0. Apparently, Serena was trying her best but Anna drove her crazy by mixing things up with some wicked slice shots, high lobs and several dropshots. The most important thing of course was that they raised over 25,000$ for charity (all going into research to help kids victim of a health problem of some kind). But, it just shows that without her injuries, Anna would perhaps be no.1 as we speak and Serena would have maybe ended up with 2 or maybe 3 slams and a no.2 ranking. I will try to get a copy of that match, but it's going to be hard because it was done in private. But from what I heard, Anna was on fire and Serena was litterally outclassed. :eek:

Reactions: i heart backhand

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
selesrules said:
I just got official info from the wta tour that there was an exhibition that happened in 1999, it was very private, not many people knew about it. There was a private research company that organized the exhibition and they played it in Los Angeles in front of a 500 people crowd, mainly selected people from several companies.

Anyways, Anna reportedly beat Serena 6-2, 6-0. Apparently, Serena was trying her best but Anna drove her crazy by mixing things up with some wicked slice shots, high lobs and several dropshots. The most important thing of course was that they raised over 25,000$ for charity (all going into research to help kids victim of a health problem of some kind). But, it just shows that without her injuries, Anna would perhaps be no.1 as we speak and Serena would have maybe ended up with 2 or maybe 3 slams and a no.2 ranking. I will try to get a copy of that match, but it's going to be hard because it was done in private. But from what I heard, Anna was on fire and Serena was litterally outclassed. :eek:
Wow someone has wayy TOO much time on their hands! I would usally roll my eyes and ignore you but this is truly becoming sad :sad: ...

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you calling the wta tour a liar? :eek: It happened, it's a fact.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Crazy, obsessed with Serena. Serena can handle one loss to Anna, in the long run, Serena's tennis career and legacy is so much greater than Anna's.

Pathetic thread starter

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gweeny said:
Serena can handle one loss to Anna
At least the Serena fans are admiting that the match happened. That's a start.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
M_pIeRcE14 said:
If selesrules bothers you so much jbone_0307, why dont you put him on ignore? :confused:
Maybe cause i dont want to. Hes acting stupid from his Mary is better than Serena thread to Anna beat Serena thread. You must have something against Serena. The only reason why ur postin this pierce14 is because i said Serena would whip on on Mary pierces ass anytime

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
selesrules said:
are you calling the wta tour a liar? :eek: It happened, it's a fact.
If this is true, and I emphazise IF, who really cares! Its actually what you called it an exhibiton... no prize money.... no ranking points.... ultimatly making it unimportant! Why exactly would it have been buried? Now that Im thinking about it .... If Anna had of really crushed Serena the way your claiming it would have been everywhere! Anyhow truth or ficition Serena will always have the better career .... not to mention in all REAL matches Anna got waxed by both Serena and especially Venus.

·
Registered
720 Posts
selesrules said:
At least the Serena fans are admiting that the match happened. That's a start.
Please. I doubt your far-fetch claim is true. Let me explain this to you again

Anna Kournikova's tennis career: pathetic and on the downside
Serena Williams tennis career: Good and showing signs of greatness.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Maybe cause i dont want to. Hes acting stupid from his Mary is better than Serena thread to Anna beat Serena thread. You must have something against Serena. The only reason why ur postin this pierce14 is because i said Serena would whip on on Mary pierces ass anytime
Nope, I have nothing against Serena, I actually used to like her. But you on the other hand, must have something against Mary and HER fans.

·
Banned
908 Posts
gweeny said:
Please. I doubt your far-fetch claim is true. Let me explain this to you again

Anna Kournikova's tennis career: pathetic and on the downside
Serena Williams tennis career: Good and showing signs of greatness.
Actually they are both downhill, though Anna never got to the top. They are trying to become actresses, which both claim to be their call, and we'll see who is more successful. Then Serena will have to be content with her tennis record over Anna, because we all know who's going to "win"!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anna has 2 grandslam titles and has been #1.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
WoW!!

I've never been more certain of how much selesrules fears Serena.

It truly is hilarious.

Did you notice how ALL of his threads have something to do with his faves (Anna and Mary) being better than Serena??

We call this FEAR.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
selesrules said:
I like Anna but im not seeing your point... Serena as won all 4 slams in singles and doubles and won 2 Minxed doubles grand slams along with being worlds #1!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
What i find so sad is that if Monica Seles decided to come in here and post, that she would literally throw up all over her keyboard. She would be horrified at how her name is being used.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
selesrules said:
In doubles'!
Must have been an oversight! ;)

BTW, I somehow think it helped quite a bit
that she was playing with a multiple Grand Slam Singles champion,
former #1, and one of the best to have ever played on the tour. :wavey:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
anna can beat serena! i saw her match at adidas last year(maybe year before?) front row ;) vs serena williams which went to 3 sets...but anna back then was way better than now, she was aggressive and consistent running down everything

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
SM said:
anna can beat serena! i saw her match at adidas last year(maybe year before?) front row ;) vs serena williams which went to 3 sets...but anna back then was way better than now, she was aggressive and consistent running down everything
and don't forget that serena back then was much more error prone and could give sets away with making her opponent do much to earn. having said that anna did play well in that match, but ultimately a good anna versus an ordinary serena still produced a serena win.

someone said that serena's career is on the slide? i think when you can win 2 GS out of 3 you play and lose 7-5 in the 3rd to the eventual winner of the other one and still have people say your struggling, then we probably know just how great she is (and i don't even like her really)

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
This is a pointless thread. Everyone knows Anna K is a talented player who has Top Ten ability! Unfortunately injuries over the passed 5 years have ruined any chances she had had of achieving tennis greatness.

I'm not surprised she beat Serena, She's beaten Graf, Davenport, Hingis etc. As SM said, she pushed Serena to 3 sets at Sydney, that was a great match, she has the ability and when she's injury free and high on confidence she's a top 10 player!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts