Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anna's Last 10 Losses, Elite (Top 20) Wins

Round|Player|Scorline|Rank(As Of Last Week)
Code:
R64 Conchita Martinez (ESP) L 4-6 1-1 ret [B]25[/B]
[COLOR=mediumturquoise][I]R32 Iva Majoli (CRO) L 4-6 6-4 4-6 [B]52[/B][/I][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=red]R128 Dinara Safina (RUS) L 1-6 4-6 [B]70[/B][/COLOR] 
R64 Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) L 0-6 1-6 [B]4[/B]
[COLOR=mediumturquoise][I]R32 Janette Husarova (SVK) L 4-6 6-2 1-6 [B]61[/B][/I][/COLOR] 
F Anna Pistolesi (ISR) L 2-6 3-6 [B]21[/B]
[COLOR=seagreen]SF Ai Sugiyama (JPN) W 6-4 7-5 [B]17[/B][/COLOR] 
R128 Angelique Widjaja (INA) L 3-6 0-6 [B]63[/B]
R32 Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) L 5-7 1-6 [B]38[/B]
[COLOR=blue][I]SF Jelena Dokic (YUG) L 7-6(6) 6-7(2) 0-6 [B]10[/B][/I][/COLOR] 
[COLOR=seagreen]QF Anna Pistolesi (ISR) W 1-6 6-3 6-4 [B]21[/B][/COLOR] 
QF Venus Williams (USA) L 3-6 4-6 [B]3[/B]
[COLOR=seagreen]R32 Anna Pistolesi (ISR) W 6-3 6-2 [B]21 [/B] [/COLOR]
Anna, If I'm Not Mistaken Is The #1 Seed

While these are not Top 10 results, they are much better than the ones she was posting previously. For the most part shes losing to people ranked HIGHER than her and is, for the most part taking them to 3 sets


So Anna isnt doing THAT bad.

So, based on this, I say she wins Sea Island.

Watch out for her in Rome.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,702 Posts
Anna will be the #2 seed.

Amy Frazier is playing here also... and I have no clue why. Besides Amy, the talent really drops off... I believe Sharapova would be the #3 seed.

I know that Anna has only been losing to higher-ranked players... but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll beat the scrubs in challengers. Anna beats herself more than anything. If Anna loses early here... her confidence will get lower.

Why will Anna do anything in Rome? You already pointed out she can't beat anyone ranked higher than her... and she'll most likely be facing a top-20 in the 1st round in Rome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,950 Posts
i think the problem with anna is actually winning not the level of tennis that is played. she's got the capability to play the high quality tennis but her mental blocks of winning are what stop her from doing well.

sharapova could be a bit of a threat here and if there are some youngsters playing then they could also cause anna problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leena said:
Anna will be the #2 seed.

Amy Frazier is playing here also... and I have no clue why. Besides Amy, the talent really drops off... I believe Sharapova would be the #3 seed.

I know that Anna has only been losing to higher-ranked players... but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll beat the scrubs in challengers. Anna beats herself more than anything. If Anna loses early here... her confidence will get lower.

Why will Anna do anything in Rome? You already pointed out she can't beat anyone ranked higher than her... and she'll most likely be facing a top-20 in the 1st round in Rome.
the reason i say look out for her at rome is because, if you look at her history, the more matches she wins her confidence goes up and her results improve

i think if she can get through sea island and qualifiying at rome Anna could do some damage

because when she wants to, she can still play like a top 10 player

but yes she does often beat herself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,215 Posts
Anna isn't playing Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said like 10000000 times! She is playing 25K Charlotteville the week of the Italian Open and will be the #1 seed. She probably be back on the tour level in Strasbourg
 

·
Sabatini lover Forever
Joined
·
15,213 Posts
mmcdonald said:
the reason i say look out for her at rome is because, if you look at her history, the more matches she wins her confidence goes up and her results improve

i think if she can get through sea island and qualifiying at rome Anna could do some damage

because when she wants to, she can still play like a top 10 player

but yes she does often beat herself
You can look at anybody´s history to know that winning matches gives confidence and results improve.... :eek: BTW
Anna´s problem before was huge mental. But now she has to deal with the fact that there are better players NOW and its more more difficult for her to win.
It´s so difficult the problem she is on right now because there are many different things she has to work on to get her game back on track, to become a top ten player again.
Plus on clay her chances are lower, since her shots are not as penetrating than faster courts, so she has to hit more good shots in the same point to win them. And we know how easy she can lose patience on the court.

On this 25k Challenger, i would not take a WIN as warranty. The same was said when she started to play those Tier III, Tier IV events, and she did not won them.

Anna has the tools to be a top ten player, but for sure she has to fix so many things in her game and mindset to get back into that position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
Who really cares if she wins? Its not even considered a WTA event so its not like its going to finally end the cloud that looms over her head. I want her to do it for real, not in some $25K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
Anna did very well in Shanghai beating players whose ranks are lower than hers. She'll do just well and I feel that winning this event won't be so difficult for her. She knows she's much better than her opponents but just needs the match practice to gain momentum and keep the winning rhythm going.

so, she will likely win if, as mentioned above, not beat herself. she's her own toughest opponent she has to face.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
Joined
·
52,159 Posts
Leena said:
Anna will be the #2 seed.

Amy Frazier is playing here also... and I have no clue why. Besides Amy, the talent really drops off... I believe Sharapova would be the #3 seed.

I know that Anna has only been losing to higher-ranked players... but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll beat the scrubs in challengers. Anna beats herself more than anything. If Anna loses early here... her confidence will get lower.

Why will Anna do anything in Rome? You already pointed out she can't beat anyone ranked higher than her... and she'll most likely be facing a top-20 in the 1st round in Rome.
I think Ansley Cargill will be the #3 seed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,489 Posts
mmcdonald said:
For the most part shes losing to people ranked HIGHER than her
no wonder when you're ranked so low... getting wild cards for the big tournaments means she'll always play someone who's ranked higher than her.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top