Tennis Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1340 Posts

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Anna just posted this on her instagram today without any location tag. However, she appears to be holidaying in Five Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, since it seems she is together with Anastasia Potapova and Nastia did post some pics with the location tagged. Also the buildings match the view of Dubai from that resort, which you can see on booking.com.
WOW!! Those two Russian goddesses suntanning, side-by-side?

:inlove::help::inlove::help::inlove:

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Yeah they are having some fun together. Anna posted this yesterday.
Lovely Anna finishes the tour year right at #100 if TF live rankings are correct, though I suppose she could slip out of the Top 100 by the end of the calendar year if she fails to defend whatever points she may have earned in ITFs at the end of 2018. Still no WTA profile pic for Anna--the only player in the Top 100 w/o such a photo.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Anna turned 21 a couple of days ago. Hope she had a great birthday!

http://instagr.am/p/B5jfBCwKIhB/
Anna is playing a little bit coy with her comment because she knows QUITE well what the male fanbase sees in her--namely, a pageant-queen type. Let's hope we can call her a tournament winner next season, as well......It's my first time seeing this new TF format, and I don't want to rush to judgment yet:unsure:

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
It was never confirmed that Anna was even dating Kyrgios though, right? Nick was flirting and trying to make some moves, sure, but I never saw any pics where they were clearly dating, no hugging/kissing or even holding hands etc, no instagram pics of him on her insta. Not really serious, and Anna was never in his box supporting him as far as I know. Hopefully that's the end of that.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
It was never confirmed that Anna was even dating Kyrgios though, right? Nick was flirting and trying to make some moves, sure, but I never saw any pics where they were clearly dating, no hugging/kissing or even holding hands etc, no instagram pics of him on her insta. Not really serious, and Anna was never in his box supporting him as far as I know. Hopefully that's the end of that.
You're probably right, and it's not as though Anna was missing out on anything special;)

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
AO qualifying 1st round: 6-2 1-6 6-2 win over Errani, not the best from her but a win is a win, quite windy conditions, Anna kept her cool and managed to get through... 3rd set 72 minutes...

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
AO qualifying 1st round: 6-2 1-6 6-2 win over Errani, not the best from her but a win is a win, quite windy conditions, Anna kept her cool and managed to get through... 3rd set 72 minutes...
Beating a former Slam runner-up is a good win, indeed, and I'm just thankful that Anna can breathe in that nasty air down there:(

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Anna beat Laura Paar of Romania 64 76 (3) and will play Wang Xin (ranked 153, beat Falconi and Allie Kiick here) in the final round of qualies.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Anna beat Laura Paar of Romania 64 76 (3) and will play Wang Xin (ranked 153, beat Falconi and Allie Kiick here) in the final round of qualies.
I'm not saying that Anna would've won the AO, but I'm pretty sure that she just barely missed out on direct entry to the MD, which would've left her more rested. Hopefully, she can up her ranking enough by RG.

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Anna won against Wang Xin 46 76(2) 62. She was down 53 in the second set and had to save a match point, however she has qualified and is now into the maindraw.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Anna won against Wang Xin 46 76(2) 62. She was down 53 in the second set and had to save a match point, however she has qualified and is now into the maindraw.
Am proud of Anna for fighting back, but she has one of the more ominous draws amongst the qualifiers.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Those are some great pics (and video) of Anna from qualies. I see she lost 3 and 2 today against the agile, scrappy and smart player Saisai. A pity, looks like she just couldn't lift her level enough and Saisai was all over the court. Was never going to be easy but I did think she stood a chance.

·
Registered
15,117 Posts
Those are some great pics (and video) of Anna from qualies. I see she lost 3 and 2 today against the agile, scrappy and smart player Saisai. A pity, looks like she just couldn't lift her level enough and Saisai was all over the court. Was never going to be easy but I did think she stood a chance.
Yes, I agree with you that it wouldn't have shocked any fans in the know if Anna had won, but you have to wonder how her chances would've improved if she had been fully rested, as she barely missed direct entry to the MD

1321 - 1340 of 1340 Posts