1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glamour Kournikova

Martyn Elliott

Considered glamorous - by men with eyes
Anna Kournikova is set to bring some much-needed glamour to Birmingham next month.

The Russian tennis star has been handed a wildcard for the DFS Classic at Edgbaston Priory as she begins her preparation for her inevitable first round exit at Wimbledon.

With her world ranking having slipped to 70 some people may wonder why the sponsors have shelled out to persuade Kournikova to attend the event.

But LTA press officer Chris Shaw explained: "We are delighted to confirm that Anna Kournikova has requested and been granted entry to the DFS Classic.

"This is a boost to the tournament and we would expect that ticket sales reflect her involvement."

It doesn’t take a genius to work which section of the Birmingham public will be buying those tickets.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/page.cfm?objectid=12900315&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=IT'S ALL OVER, KOURNIKOVA

IT'S ALL OVER, KOURNIKOVA Apr 29 2003

TENNIS babe Anna Kournikova has been expelled from her Moscow sports academy because professors said she was lazy.

The 21-year-old Russian was kicked out after she failed to attend any lectures or complete correspondence work.

Her dad Sergei is an honorary professor at the Academy of Physical Culture and Sport.

Professor Ludmila Blagoleva explained: "When she failed to appear for the second annual exams, the rector decided to expel her."

·
Registered
280 Posts
leslie said:
Glamour Kournikova

Martyn Elliott

The Russian tennis star has been handed a wildcard for the DFS Classic at Edgbaston Priory as she begins her preparation for her inevitable first round exit at Wimbledon.
QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!
Journalists have begun to see clearly what's happening!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
oh Anna! I feel for her seriously, but I'm also aware that a fave of mine seems to be hidden in her direction...Alex, are you listening?

I think Anna is like the rock star who fails to have a top 10 hit in umpteen years and still gets treated as if they are on top of the music world.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
leslie said:
:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts