Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is tennis and Anna has to do what is best for herself. I don't think she lied about the Berlin situation but even if she did, so what? That's part of the "pimp and hoe" business and good for her. She probly turned down at least 100 grand under the table appearance money and WTA gold exempt bonus. And why? Because she gives a shit about her game. I give her a standing O for that.

This tournament is REALLY weak even for a 25K. :eek:

in a normal challenger i would say many players could beat Anna at her current level but the Sea Island draw is going to be full of Krispy Kreme donuts, Suzy Q's and Ring Dings. Anna would have to be playing on one leg to lose to the likes of Julie Ditty, Tracy Singian and Lillia Osterloh.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Even though I wish she would win this tournie, I am not too sure. For example Christina Wheeler is the nr 7 seed and beat Anna last year at the French, so...

But anyway: GO ANNA :bounce:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
i'd rather let her lose to someone like wheeler than lose because of injury. she's had too much already. i wish her the best and will applaud her IF she infact plays.

it's clay. a tough surface for her (although she's reached a final in clay, and none in grass) and for sure there are a number of players who might be thinking they can beat anna with the kind of form she's in right now.

·
6,752 Posts
Anyway Anna is still very young, she can recover herself if she wants to

Do you have a link to the tournament site to see the draw?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
"She probly turned down at least 100 grand under the table appearance money and WTA gold exempt bonus. And why? Because she gives a shit about her game"

Good comment, I agree and its about bloody time Anna did SOMETHING different to help her game!!

Are you sure this isnt the tournament she pulled out of?? She entered one challenger recently, then pulled out, is this the same or the next tournament?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anna is definitely entered and barring something unforeseen she is going to play. As i live just an hour away in Savannah i am going to go to the tournament. I was going to go anyway but this adds a bit of spice to it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
vogus said:
in a normal challenger i would say many players could beat Anna at her current level but the Sea Island draw is going to be full of Krispy Kreme donuts...
Don't you EVER make fun of Krispy Kremes! :lick: :D :lick: :D :lick:

..Joe

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW i am pretty sure that Osterloh's win over Anna in IW last year was the last time that Osterloh won a match.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
vogus said:
Anna is definitely entered and barring something unforeseen she is going to play. As i live just an hour away in Savannah i am going to go to the tournament. I was going to go anyway but this adds a bit of spice to it.
Vogus:
You playing in the Georgia Games next week at Bacon Park? If so, you'll see me, as I'm the head match starter, playing in it, and Bill is my coach.

..Joe

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
vogus said:
BTW i am pretty sure that Osterloh's win over Anna in IW last year was the last time that Osterloh won a match.
Not...sure Lilia is in a major slump as well...but she has won several matches since she beat Anna in IW :p

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
I really hope Anna does well here, because I'm tired of insulting her. I don't see how winning a lowly 25K helps much... I don't see how beating scrubs builds confidence... but it's still better than playing Berlin.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
vogus said:
This is tennis and Anna has to do what is best for herself. I don't think she lied about the Berlin situation but even if she did, so what? That's part of the "pimp and hoe" business and good for her. She probly turned down at least 100 grand under the table appearance money and WTA gold exempt bonus. And why? Because she gives a shit about her game. I give her a standing O for that.

This tournament is REALLY weak even for a 25K. :eek:

in a normal challenger i would say many players could beat Anna at her current level but the Sea Island draw is going to be full of Krispy Kreme donuts, Suzy Q's and Ring Dings. Anna would have to be playing on one leg to lose to the likes of Julie Ditty, Tracy Singian and Lillia Osterloh.
Lilia vs Anna!!!
2002 Indian Wells Hard (O) 128 Lilia OSTERLOH 6-1 6-4
Are we surprised? NO
Is she a sure winner of that Challenger? I have to say NO.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
vogus, hey I like that pimp and hoe comment.. so true so true. Funny post!:)

Anna is not a sure bet winner, but she can gain some match play, and get used to working the points and gain some much needed confidence. It's obvious that Anna is questioning herself and her tennis game. She also wants to improve but without a doubt the kid is doing some soul searching. IF she plays and if not then, I don't know what to think ...anymore.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Yes lets put it as it is, lets hope she wins the event, so what´s next? :s

I think this is a long term period for Anna move up in the ranks steadily.
Remember Andre Agassi, he played some challengers at the end of 1997, won only one :eek:.
Then entered low tier events starting 1998, we all know much he improved. Let´s see what Anna can do.

I think Anna should follow that pattern, challengers then Tier 4 or Tier 5 events as possible and see what she is made of.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanx Dawn ;)

petosp - i'm not dissing your post, but i think that Anna K and Agassi, is, er, not an accurate comparison. Agassi had already made the big step of proving himself as a top player when he went back (for only 2 tournaments i think) to the 50Ks.

Anna's got more to prove than Agassi did.

now please xcuse me folks -

i gotta get back to my pimpin and hoe-in' :kiss:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts