·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #741

·
Registered
11,351 Posts
Well done, Buffy... erm, I mean Blinky! The vamp has been slain :yeah:

Blinky is not good enough to get a WC in St Petersburg but is now part of Fed Cup team :grin2:
Good for her!

So it's going to be three promising youngsters + Makarova. I have to admit I have some difficulty picturing Makarova in the role of cool-headed veteran who will lead the team, though. :lol:

·
Blighted and solo
43,896 Posts
YASSSS ANNA! :bigclap:

She is one of my faves of the young Russians! :hearts:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #748

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #751

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
Blinky beat Lera 3 & 4 :D :yeah:

Didn't look as routine as the scoreline would indicate, when you followed the livescore: in the first set she struggled to hold serve and to break Lera's serve (she was often 30-0 up + 2nd serve, with Lera coming back up 40-30), and in the 2nd some glimpses of Blinkychoke trying to resurrect herself - Blinky got broken at *4-1 40-15, she had 2 consecutive MPs at 5-3* 40-15 which she failed to convert, and found herself down 15-40 while trying to serve it out a second time at *5-4 :scared: :smash:

But she fought hard and managed to grab the most important points so congrats! :hi5: :hearts:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #756
Blinky will face very talented leftie qualifier Marketa Vondrousova (17 yo, former junior #1, WTA 395, CHR 286), who's coming back this year from a long injury lay-off but has been slaying since coming back (she won 15K Stuttgart 2 weeks ago - succeeding to Blinky who won it a year ago - and is on a winning-streak of 12 atm), for a very tricky final :scared: :bounce:

Maky upset 2nd seed Korpatsch in R1, and she dismantled 7th seed Lemoine in QF... For some reason I'm anxious about Blinky's chances against her :SNE: :sobbing:

GL! :armed: :cheer:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Sad but I can't wait to see her in FedCup. Hopefully, it will be a good experience, I'm still traumatized by Russia's loss to Dutch team last year.
Be wise, captain Myskina!

741 - 760 of 1361 Posts