Tennis Forum banner

Who would win, Anna 1998 or Serena 2002?

• Anna 1998

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Serena 2002

Votes: 24 61.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who would win? Let's not forget that Anna had wins in 1998 over Seles, Graf, Davenport, Hingis, etc. She was really a force. I say, Anna would edge Serena, something like 6-4, 7-5.

I mean if Serena Williams BARELY beat Anna Kournikova 6-2 4-6 6-3 in 2002, which is Anna's worst year and Serena's best year, I think that Anna 98 would have had the upper hand.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
I think it would be three sets with Serena winning 7-5 in the third ;)

· Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dahveed said:
If that can make you feel any better, yes Anna would win.

And Anna would even beat Steffi 2025 or Seles 1978 :)
She already beat them in 1998. :rolleyes: Some of you tend to forget Anna before the injury, she was a FORCE.

· Registered
8,951 Posts
selesrules said:
She already beat them in 1998. :rolleyes: Some of you tend to forget Anna before the injury, she was a FORCE.

A force who never beat Venus Williams

Anyone who votes/voted for Anna in this poll is a complete tennis idiot, or just joking around.

· Registered
20,830 Posts
steffi was ranked 91 and unranked three days before. monica was in her worst state ever (understandable)

anna was a great player but those two matches really said more about the two other players

· Registered
4,055 Posts
If she was a force in 1998 then why cant I see her name on any of the winners column of the 4 slams?

1998: Hingis
1999: Serena
2000: Venus
2001: Venus & Capriati a notch below
2002: Serena
2003: Serena

· Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
selesrules said:
who would win? Let's not forget that Anna had wins in 1998 over Seles, Graf, Davenport, Hingis, etc. She was really a force. I say, Anna would edge Serena, something like 6-4, 7-5.

I mean if Serena Williams BARELY beat Anna Kournikova 6-2 4-6 6-3 in 2002, which is Anna's worst year and Serena's best year, I think that Anna 98 would have had the upper hand.
You don`t have nothing better to do that repeat your same stupid things.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=1601406&postcount=34

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=1238747&postcount=1

You are so Jealous of people who are better than your faves :rolleyes:.. your pain keeps going as they keep winning and having better results that your faves :devil:

· Registered
10,975 Posts
playboy?
have you ever opened a playboy before? anna looks nothing like a playmate.

anyway... i think the obvious answer is serena 2002

· Registered
4,880 Posts
I think Anna would lose but put up a good fight she likes to play the power players - she had a good showing against Venus last summer - give the girl some credit she has a career threatening injury

· Banned
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jenny161185 said:
I think Anna would lose but put up a good fight she likes to play the power players - she had a good showing against Venus last summer - give the girl some credit she has a career threatening injury
People will never give Anna credit unfortunately. All I have to say is that if starting in 1999 it was Serena who had Anna's injury and Anna had continued, Serena would be slamless right now and Anna would have 6 slams.

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.