Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/gene...zu_20den_20williams_20schwestern_20inter.html

Translated by Google from a German sports site

Huber: "there a new Ara" begins

Munchen - the Williams sisters Venus and Serena dominated the French open.

The 20-jahrige Serena won the final against their one year ages sister Venus with 7:5 and 6:3. With your triumph the "Sister act" stands also at number one and two on Monday of the appearing world rank list.

Sport1 asked the former Weltklasse Spielerin and Sport1-Kolumnistin Anke Huber, who the better of the American sisters is and gives a view on the future in the lady tennis.

Sport1: Why are the sisters starting from Monday the number one and two of the world?

Anke Huber: O.k., it was to be expected that it comes sometime so far that they become number one and two. They are simply the others korperlich far ahead. They are more kraftiger and more schnellkraftiger than the others player inside. Both are au?erdem much gro? grown. Zusatzlich are very mobile it, which concerns the leg work.

Sport1: Why are Williams thesisters so many more kraftiger than the remainder?

Anke Huber: I wei? ... all do not ask themselves... (laughs), as they look, however in such a way already go it ofters into the force area.

Sport1: They played still against Venus. Whom hold you fur the better Spielerin?

Anke Huber: I hold fur the better tennis Spielerin for Serena. So far Venus was the more solid Spielerin, but if it still creates Serena to play the tournaments to the end constantly then it is fur me the Starkere. It is technically better, their impact is more gefahrlicher in the final result, because also their second impact is better.

Sport1: Now does Williams dominance begin with the ladies?

Anke Huber: I do not hope! (it laughs) I do not hope that the Williams sisters deny each final in the future, but that can happen naturlich...

Sport1: How long does Williams dominance last?

Anke Huber: Until again one comes, which can along-play in this league.

Sport1: Is there a Spielerin, which could gefahrden Venus and Serena?

Anke Huber: (uberlegt) momentary... rather not. Lindsay Dave haven is probably the none, if she is again fit. Jennifer Capriati and the Belgians Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin konnen perhaps also still keep up.

Sport1: Who in the nachsten years will the number one be? Serena or Venus or nevertheless somebody else?

Anke Huber: I think already that it will be one of the two Williams sisters. This year remains still Venus the number one and after width unit year taps I then on Serena.

Sport1: Konnen you a comparison pull at the best player inside all times? To Steffi.Graf and Martina Navratilova?

Anke Huber: One can compare that badly. That was another time, another tennis. Steffi was more uber many years as dominant as now the Williams sisters. But I do not believe that Venus and Serena will as for a long time play as Steffi. It was mentally many more strongly as all other and Navratilova was the fitteste Spielerin of the route. Martina arranged thereby which now the Williams sisters continue.

Sport1: Did Venus and Serena a new Ara in the lady tennis in-read?

Anke Huber: One can say that this is the beginning of a new Ara. Two sisters stand themselves in a Grand Slam final more gegenuber and are now the number one and two of the world. There reliably a new time calculation in the lady tennis begins.

Sport1: How gro? is the danger that in the future the Matches of the two is against each other agreed upon?

Anke Huber: I do not believe that with the gro?en Grand Slam Finals the victory is agreed upon. With smaller tournaments... naja, that is nevertheless the most normal from the world the fact that two sisters before a play a bi?chen talk with one another and says to ' o.k., today wins you times... '.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
HAHAHAHA! what a wack translation.

GERMANS? any germans that are willing to help translate this properly please? danks ;)

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Anke Huber: O.k., it was to be expected that it comes sometime so far that they become number one and two. They are simply the others korperlich (PHYSICALLY) far ahead. They are more kraftiger (POWERFULL) and more schnellkraftiger (FASTER) than the others player inside. Both are au?erdem much gro? grown (VERY TALL) . Zusatzlich are very mobile it, which concerns the leg work.

Sport1: Why are Williams thesisters so many more kraftiger (MORE POWERFULL) than the remainder?

Anke Huber: I wei? ... (WHO KNOWS?) all do not ask themselves... (laughs), as they look, however in such a way already go it ofters into the force area.

Sport1: They played still against Venus. Whom hold you fur the better Spielerin? (WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BETTER ONE?)

Anke Huber: I hold fur the better tennis Spielerin for Serena (ANKE THINKS SERENA IS THE BETTER ONE) . So far Venus was the more solid Spielerin (VENUS IS THE MORE SOLID PLAYER) , but if it still creates Serena to play the tournaments to the end constantly then it is fur me the Starkere (BUT IF SERENA PLAYS CONSTANTLY, SHE IS MUCH BETTER) . It is technically better, their impact (SERVICE) is more gefahrlicher (MORE DANGEROUS) in the final result, because also their second impact (SERVICE) is better.

Sport1: Now does Williams dominance begin with the ladies?

Anke Huber: I do not hope! (it laughs) I do not hope that the Williams sisters deny each final in the future, but that can happen naturlich... (IT'S POSSIBLE THAT THE WILLIAMS SISTERS PLAY EVERY SINGLE FINAL IN THE FUTURE AGAINST EACH OTHER, BUT ANKE DOESN'T HOPE SO

Sport1: How long does Williams dominance last?

Anke Huber: Until again one comes, which can along-play in this league.

Sport1: Is there a Spielerin (PLAYER) , which could gefahrden (BECOME DAMGEROUS TO) Venus and Serena?

Anke Huber: (uberlegt) (THINKS ABOUT IT) momentary... rather not. Lindsay Dave haven is probably the none, if she is again fit. Jennifer Capriati and the Belgians Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin konnen (ARE ABLE TO BECOME DANGEROUS) perhaps also still keep up.

Sport1: Who in the nachsten years will the number one be? Serena or Venus or nevertheless somebody else? (WHO WILL BE NO. 1 IN THE NEXT YEARS, VENUS, SERENA OR SOMEDODY ELSE?)

Anke Huber: I think already that it will be one of the two Williams sisters. This year remains still Venus the number one and after width unit year taps I then on Serena.

Sport1: Konnen you a comparison pull at the best player inside all times? To Steffi.Graf and Martina Navratilova?

Anke Huber: One can compare that badly. That was another time, another tennis. Steffi was more uber (OVER) many years as dominant as now the Williams sisters. But I do not believe that Venus and Serena will as for a long time play as Steffi. It was mentally many more strongly (STEFFI=MENTALLY STRONGEST PLAYER) as all other and Navratilova was the fitteste Spielerin of the route MARTINA=FITTEST PLAYER ON THE TOUR). Martina arranged thereby which now the Williams sisters continue.

Sport1: Did Venus and Serena a new Ara in the lady tennis in-read?

Anke Huber: One can say that this is the beginning of a new Ara. Two sisters stand themselves in a Grand Slam final more gegenuber (A FEW TIMES AGAINST EACH OTHER IN GS-FINALS!) and are now the number one and two of the world. There reliably a new time calculation in the lady tennis begins.

Sport1: How gro? (HOW BIG?) is the danger that in the future the Matches of the two is against each other agreed upon?

Anke Huber: I do not believe that with the gro?en Grand Slam Finals the victory is agreed upon. With smaller tournaments... naja, that is nevertheless the most normal from the world the fact that two sisters before a play a bi?chen talk with one another and says to ' o.k., today wins you times... '.[/QUOTE] (???????)

how funny! i hope it helps! (i was to lazy to translate the whole interview.....
:eek: )

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Before I read the second translation i had a pretty good idea what all the german words meant and only because every other critic, ex-player, review say the same things about the sisters!
Interesting!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
tennnisfannn said:
Before I read the second translation i had a pretty good idea what all the german words meant and only because every other critic, ex-player, review say the same things about the sisters!
Interesting!
pan, thanks for the translation.

tennnnisfann, you are speaking the truth. We all know the MAIN reasons for the sisters' success is because they are taller, more powerful, more muscular, and faster than the other players.

And some people wonder why the Williams fans are so sensitive when others say the sisters' NATURAL PHYSICAL ADVANTAGES give them the edge and that is the PRIMARY reason as to why they dominate or are able to defeat the other players.

When Lindsay was dominating, you didn't hear articles or other players attributing her success to her height. Aren't Jen Cap and Mary Pierce more muscular than Serena and Venus? Martina N. is accredited with changing the sport to a higher level due to her fitness. Why is her affect on the sport seen as a historic moemnt in tennis and the sisters' impact on fitness seen as "the death of the sport?" I like Martina N. and I am in no way trying to diss her. I am trying to point out how her and the sisters's impact on the level of fitness of tennis are viewed differently.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Originally posted by topspin

When Lindsay was dominating, you didn't hear articles or other players attributing her success to her height. Aren't Jen Cap and Mary Pierce more muscular than Serena and Venus? Martina N. is accredited with changing the sport to a higher level due to her fitness. Why is her affect on the sport seen as a historic moemnt in tennis and the sisters' impact on fitness seen as "the death of the sport?" I like Martina N. and I am in no way trying to diss her. I am trying to point out how her and the sisters's impact on the level of fitness of tennis are viewed differently.
I agree that Martina N.'s contribution to tennis in terms of fitness is viewed differently than that of Venus and Serena. I believe this is because of their ages and where they are in their careers. It was obvious to all that Martina and Andre Agassi were natural athletes and talented tennis players in their teens and twenties. They rededicated themselves to a rigorous fitness regimen to extend their careers beyond their thirties. The fact that they not only extended their years on court, but, remained at the top of their sport and took Slams has made them stand outs.

Yes, Venus and Serena have power, speed, and height. But, their success can be attributed to so much more. Match play gave them the experience and added the court smarts element to their game. They continued to work on the finer points of their games to enhance their natural talents. For example, Anke remarked on Serena's second serve. Finally, they had the mental toughness and tenacity to gain the edge over their opponents. I can't see how true tennis enthusiasts see this exciting new chapter as "the death of the sport".

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
"They are more kraftiger and more schnellkraftiger than the others"

I have been saying this for years and no one will listen to me.

When it comes to kraftiger and schnellkraftiger I only think of Venus and Serena.

They are the kraftigerest and schnellkraftigerest tennis players of all time.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
kiwifan said:
"They are more kraftiger and more schnellkraftiger than the others"

I have been saying this for years and no one will listen to me.

When it comes to kraftiger and schnellkraftiger I only think of Venus and Serena.

They are the kraftigerest and schnellkraftigerest tennis players of all time.

:)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Thank you, thank you for whoever wrote this translation software - you have single-handedly improved the human condition. :worship:

You have simply got to love the new bigendered player "Lindsay Dave haven" I suspect he/she will do very well ;)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Just for the record, I want to say thank you to Topspin (even though I don't care for Huber and doubt she has much love for the Sisters) for posting the article.

Just trying to have a little fun (thanks Messenger).

Better a rough translation than no translation.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
"bigger, faster, stronger' is the olympic theme isn't it. One cannot help their height but people get rewarded at the olympics for being the fastest and weightlifters for being the strongest! Why would anyone hold Venus' height against her and not hold justine's against her(justine).
After Kim lost to serena at nasdaq this year she actually said serena was a head taller than her! At first i thought this was laughable as they are just a centimetre apart! Then it got me thinking, everything in life boils down to perspective! maybe when Kim sees Serena she actually sees a giant, she sees someone faster, stronger and bigger! And that imo means trouble for her against serena. I call it perspective coz when she faces Lindsay, her size isn't intimidating at all!
Justine on the other hand strikes me like although she sees serena as 'bigger, faster and stronger' she sees it as one of those opportunities to prove that 'although they are all that, I too can be ...' Well if she didn't think like that, she would be in the top 5. Everyone else is so much bigger than her.
Does anyone here believe Hingis would have been any less smarter had she been taller or shorter than she was? She was very fast though not very strong comparatively but she could hit with anyone! Just look at her h2hs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts