Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Hopefully season is over now. Please Angie, don't go to Zhuhai, it feels like a downgrade and the last time you went there doesn't bring good memories. You certainly don't need that.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Ever since she played badly against Giorgi in Sydney I have been praying for this season to end. The signs of what was to come were there.

Hopefully she has the sense to call the season off now. The only thing that playing more matches will bring her is even LESS confidence.

Not sure if it's due to her left thigh injury that Angie went back to her old service stance - pulling the back leg
up to the front leg.​

Omg, has she really? I haven't noticed. Omg :SNE:​

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I think she has burn out and needs a big break!!!

She looks worn out and tired :sobbing:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
It seems that she withdrawed from that bullshit tournament they have for players between 12 and 20. Gott sei Dank because I really dislike that tournament, and if she stays at her house doing nothing it will be a better use of her and our time.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
It seems that she withdrawed from that bullshit tournament they have for players between 12 and 20. Gott sei Dank because I really dislike that tournament, and if she stays at her house doing nothing it will be a better use of her and our time.
How do we know she pulled out?

I really hope she did!

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
https://www.tennismagazin.de/news/kerber-beendet-nach-verletzungsbedingter-absage-ihre-saison/?fbclid=IwAR2ryFEmC95rkQOrsfw9PImI_r7UuYE_iwAZfucvjjUcPuaAVVoOxxCwkHk

This is a pretty good source. The article says that her management confirms it. Leg injury which won't harm her long term. Search for new coach will be done by the new season.

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk
This makes me so happy! Not that she's injured, of course, but that she isn't going to play that weird tournament. Off season reboot let's goooooo

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Bajin talks are getting strong again. What you guys think?

I must admit that one small part of me is kind of excited but at the same time I just think their personalities are too different from eachother. It may work well on short term and she does great down under, wouldn't mind that. Aber I don't know. The guy is certainly overrated and kind of an attention whore, but if Kerber is willing to put up with that it really shows that she wants to do well, it shows hunger.

·
Registered
27,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I also can't really see this working long-term but it doesn't need to. Next year is possibly her final year on tour, so if she really has big goals she needs immediate success, just like she had in 2018. And I actually think Fissette and Bajin are quite similar with their big knowledge of the WTA. Of course it could also go terribly wrong but then it would be hard to tell if it's really because the partnership is not working or if she's on the decline anyway.

·
Registered
17,450 Posts

Kerbers Team is not in contact with Bajin.

Whatever this means one day after her split with Kiki.
Either publicity stunt to not distract the attention from the announcement in November or well, we were all wrong.
And being wrong this time would be pretty much in line with what we would expect from Angie tbh, because they surely are no natural fit.

If so, Bajins Interview in the summer, where he kind of teased it, was nothing else but attentionseeking and the reason, Angie would not hire him.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I really hope she hires someone who she feels comfortable with and who respects her introverted personality.

I don't think that will be Bajin.

I'd like to see her with a fresher face, someone with a lot of energy and not a celebrity coach like Mouratoglu, Bajin, Cahill etc.

·
Registered
27,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Not that excited about the cooperation. Kindlmann never really convinced me but her options were always limited and in the end it doesn't matter that much anyway. Good choice for a physio though, this is a very important aspect at her age.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts