Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what is up with her?

She wins her first ever WTA event last year, and the Wimbledon junior title, but at this year's Australian Open not only did she lose in qualifying but also lost way early in the juniors event.

She must be miserable as hell!

Please say she has an injury, otherwise how can you explain it?

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
pinkyfan......you really are an immature ass.

ANYWAYS.....Mark I think she felt disappointed by her Aussie qualifying result. She lost in the 1st round qualifying terribly to Melissa Dowse 1-6 1-6 I think.....she has not been the same since!:sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
She's gotten through to the semi-finals in girls doubles at the Aus Open, so everything's not THAT bad ... with Gisella Dulko ARG

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Look everyone had there bad days. Widjaja is not the only up and comer that seemed to struggle in Australia. SuWei Husieh lost in qualifying too. Although she is in the juniors semis after a big win over Svetlana Kunetzsova in the quarters.

Point is, Widjaja is going to have more bad days. The shift from the junior to the professional tour is never easy. Players like Maria Salerni and Aniko Kapros are proof of this.

If Angelique has the talent, she will continue to get better.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
as well as that .... she's very hot and cold ..... she will either win the tourney --- or be upset prone due to unforced errors....

give her time .... she will find her way. ;)
she lost to Belobradjic .... who played very well mind you ;)

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Well there is lots of pressure on her now. She lost early in the Nobuthari (?) challenger event at the end of the year. Angie's confidence is probably suffering through a slight case of "second year"

·
Premium Member
182,358 Posts
Angie was dominated in her match as well by a smaller girl who hits harder.

only saw a little bit but what i did see was SunithaRao hitting winners all over

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I don't no why but i just don't like her!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Well , you need to power to survive on the womens circuit these days...cant just wait for people ot miss even in juniors

angie has to work at developing some sort of weapon other than consistency..

good luck to angie...i dont thtink this will affect her progress , shell just rebound back up again :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts