Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
So happy she isn't working with Sascha Bajin at least.

Hopefully this dude brings some good energy. I have no idea who he is (except for what I just read on Wiki), so hopefully this works out better than her last coach.

·
Registered
31,618 Posts
LOL. :sad:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Has worked with Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, Keys, Robson, Tomljanovic, Mertens. The coaching jobs never lasted long? Also had an agreement with Bellis a year ago, but they couldn't start due to injury.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Another soft man after Schuettler, this time even younger. Doesn't she need a coach with a stronger personality?

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
Mertens was his last player on tour (that he actually worked on — CiCi Bellis doesn't count as that partnership never got off from the ground due to her being sidelined for a long time)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Mertens was his last player on tour (that he actually worked on — CiCi Bellis doesn't count as that partnership never got off from the ground due to her being sidelined for a long time)
Tomljanovic was this year, Mertens only 3 months in 2018.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Tomljanovic was also very short lived. They started in Charleston and ended in summer after series of losses.

·
Registered
81,396 Posts
Another soft man after Schuettler, this time even younger. Doesn't she need a coach with a stronger personality?
:worship: very very sad decision.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Urgh... :rolleyes: 3-time GS champ employs Sharapova's hitting partner bc he speaks German. After Schuetler the next "mister" who will bring her nothing. Angie :sad: :scratch:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I got that Angie prefers a German-speaking coach, but her English is not as bad, she should be bolder. :lol:

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
Seems like Ivanovic-Sears kind of a work where a player wants to end with someone familiar with no drama or high expectations. Retirement looming 2020/21.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I got that Angie prefers a German-speaking coach, but her English is not as bad, she should be bolder. :lol:
She preferred a German-speaking coach but it wasn't a prerequisite. Seems like the more important criteria was that they gelled well personality-wise. And I think that's part of the reason why she "wasn't in contact with Bajin" about the coaching job as he's not low key like she is. If there were a non-German speaking coach who was available and capable, I'm sure she would've gone with them.

"It just has to fit, no matter what name it is. If it's a name you do not know, but it fits, that's what I'm looking for. "[...] Whether man or woman, whether German or not - she does not care, said the three-time Grand Slam tournament winner and listed as criteria: "He must bring a lot of experience, he must bring the right address, the passion, the commitment."
https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2019-07-31---boris-becker-no-solution--kerber-on-coach-search-before-us-open--"it-has-to-fit"-.SJNHTg1XH.html

For me, what's more telling is the appointment of a new fitness coach which shows her commitment to the sport. At this stage in her career, she can make minor adjustments to her game but maximising her fitness levels is critical to her success.

·
La nuit je mens
86,898 Posts
I don't know what's worse. The fact that you pretend to know people's personality without knowing them or the fact that you think that being soft is bad.

·
Registered
81,396 Posts
I don't know what's worse. The fact that you pretend to know people's personality without knowing them or the fact that you think that being soft is bad.
:facepalm:

·
Registered
50,579 Posts
Viel Glück :kiss:

Always German coaches :lol:

Schüttler was soft. (And had no idea of women tennis.) But Kindlmann is NOT soft.
Kindlmann demands a lot. He learned a lot during his time with Maria Sharapova. Didi was pissed that Pav never did the fitness homework he gave her.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Schüttler was soft. (And had no idea of women tennis.) But Kindlmann is NOT soft.
Kindlmann demands a lot. He learned a lot during his time with Maria Sharapova. Didi was pissed that Pav never did the fitness homework he gave her.
But what about his on court coaching? I remember last year MalJackson criticized Kindlmann for giving bad advice and his observations are usually spot on.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
she should hire aga radwanska
speaks same language (although wouldn't be german) and IMO she'd give good advice on court because i've heard her speaking smart stuff describing tactics in the matches where she wasn't playing. Angie has tools to execute basically any tactical plan, something that Aga didn't have. They should join forces!

Aga is definitely not soft off court though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts