Status
Not open for further replies.
4961 - 4980 of 5001 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Haha it was so awkward when they kept playing it after the montage had ended
I wonder if she's more famous than Kaia now :eek:h:
I think they're equally famous:lol: People know they're there. If they only started showing tennis on tv from time to time.. Unfortunately if there are no Estonians involved it won't be on tv, because very few would watch, the only exceptions are probably football (Champion's league) and F1.

·
Registered
37,494 Posts
I think they're equally famous:lol: People know they're there. If they only started showing tennis on tv from time to time.. Unfortunately if there are no Estonians involved it won't be on tv, because very few would watch, the only exceptions are probably football (Champion's league) and F1.
Really :eek: I thought Anett had a very low profile, and I thought Kaia was one of the most famous athletes domestically :lol: I guess it's hard for stations to justify buying expensive rights for such a small viewing base. You'll get some Fed Cup matches though this year :) They should show Slams. I had no idea F1, Rally Driving etc. were so popular in Estonia :spit:

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,747 Posts
Even in big sporting country like Australia there is only overseas one tennis tournament on tv and that is Wimbledon.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
It's not really hard to be famous in Estonia. A few headlines here and there, and being in the (sports) news frequently, one will be known. Besides for a period Anett was titled as wonder-kid, a new great hope etc:lol: However I think Anett will be much more loved, there are almost no good female athletes, so people (and media) still have a gap to fill.

Yes, at least we'll have Fed Cup:D

What annoys me is that even EuroSport doesn't show a lot of tennis anymore:( I know ES UK shows more, but I won't see that.

·
Registered
37,494 Posts
It's not really hard to be famous in Estonia. A few headlines here and there, and being in the (sports) news frequently, one will be known. Besides for a period Anett was titled as wonder-kid, a new great hope etc
However I think Anett will be much more loved, there are almost no good female athletes, so people (and media) still have a gap to fill.

Yes, at least we'll have Fed Cup

What annoys me is that even EuroSport doesn't show a lot of tennis anymore
I know ES UK shows more, but I won't see that.
I remember when there was all the wonder kid hype :lol: I just didn't realise that the Estonian people took as much notice of news reports as we did :eek:h: Winning that Junior Estonian Portsperson award would have helped. I think I may have exaggerated how famous Kaia was in my mind :lol: Anett could very well be the most famous Estonian Sportswoman. No one except Lehis matches her talent and fencing is not the same as Tennis :lol:

I have also suffered from less Eurosport as it as the main tennis station here in Aus :sad:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Fencing only gets headlines when they've won something. Winning a few rounds as Anett did, would get them nowhere in terms of media coverage.
You probably forgot how small Estonia was. Anett and Kaia are pretty equal on the famous level (it's like who's more famous in Estonia Elina Born or Birgit Õigemeel Sarrap) people know there's someone else playing tennis besides Kaia. Popularity is a whole other issue.

·
Registered
37,494 Posts
Fencing only gets headlines when they've won something. Winning a few rounds as Anett did, would get them nowhere in terms of media coverage.
You probably forgot how small Estonia was. Anett and Kaia are pretty equal on the famous level (it's like who's more famous in Estonia Elina Born or Birgit Õigemeel Sarrap) people know there's someone else playing tennis besides Kaia. Popularity is a whole other issue.
Elina should be more famous :eek:h: Who is more popular then between Anett and Kaia? :lol: :) Tennis definitely seems to get a lot more coverage, right up the top it seems as it should be :yeah:

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
chingching is TF's resident Estonian encyclopedia.

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
I know but there is only so much I can know :eek:h: And all my relatives are flops who don't follow sport :eek:h: I am surprised that Anett is as known as she seems though, a pleasant surprise :)
You can thank everyone who packed Grandstand and followed Anett on social media after her win for her sudden popularity :eek:h:.

·
Registered
37,494 Posts
I know but there is only so much I can know
And all my relatives are flops who don't follow sport
I am surprised that Anett is as known as she seems though, a pleasant surprise
You can thank everyone who packed Grandstand and followed Anett on social media after her win for her sudden popularity
That amused me so much
Surprised they didn't all block her for beating an American
:eek:h:

4961 - 4980 of 5001 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.