Tennis Forum banner

2561 - 2569 of 2569 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
79,355 Posts
Beat Ostapenko 6-2 6-7(1) 10-7

Was 6-2 5-2* up, then lost four games in a row, did break back only to be crushed in the tie-break. Was 3-6 and 5-7 down in the MTB too.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
79,355 Posts
Palermo draw

(1)Martic v Van Uytvanck
Flipkens v Q/LL
Paolini v Kasatkina
Q/LL v (5)Mertens

(4)Kontaveit v Tig
Siegemund v Begu
Hercog v (wc)Cocciaretto
Rus v (6)Vekic

(8)Alexandrova v Mladenovic
Q/LL v Ferro
(wc)Errani v Cirstea
Kr. Pliskova v (3)Sakkari

(7)Yastremska v Sorribes Tormo
Zidansek v Q/LL
Giorgi v Peterson
Q/LL v (2)Vondrousova

·
Registered
37,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,564
This thread really died!!

Anyway, since the restart Anett has been playing very well. A final in Palermo, QF in Cinci and R4 at USO, 11-3 overall.

She plays Kuznetsova or Pera in R2 now in Rome. She’s in the easier part of the draw so if she can get past that match and then Svitolina in R3 she could go deep!

·
Registered
37,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,565
(17)Kontaveit v Garcia
Sasnovich v Friedsam
Bouzkova v Kanepi
Gasparyan v (16)Mertens

A very difficult first few rounds. It would be amazing to see an all Estonian R3 but I would be surprised if they both get there, even one of them would be an achievement. Sasnovich again 😩

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Sadly it is over in R1 for Anett as she goes down 46 63 46.

She told she felt she played a rather good match, except last games, Garcia started to take more risks when she was down in 3rd and it paid off for her.
Still has problems with shoulder, took painkillers the last few days but she didn't think it affected the match much.
Told she's gonna see doctor later and check the shoulder, possibly pulling out from the doubles draw (with Kasatkina, against Christian/Olmos).
Wants to play as much as possible this year, will play in Ostrava next.

·
Registered
37,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,567
Really disappointing result, she could have won this but faded a lot in the last few games and Garcia ran over her. It’s great she’s become more consistent (and I mean 26-13 is an excellent ratio), but I really feel like she was too defensive at the end, plus threw in some random errors. Such a hard draw though so it’s hard to be disappointed, she most likely would have struggled in every match this year.

Hopefully the shoulder is ok, it would be nice to see her play Doubles but it’s probably better to rest if it’s a concern. The European tournaments this year are going to be packed so she doesn’t have much to lose.

·
Banned
22,487 Posts
Anett lost 7-5, 6-1 to Kudermetova. It appeared that she had a blister on her hand after the first full changeover.

She's coming in for press in like half an hour, so i'll see what she has to say.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
She said she is disappointed she only got to play 1 match but is not overly mad about the loss. She feels that Kudermetova does not suit her plating style at all.

2561 - 2569 of 2569 Posts