Tennis Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2569 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts
I really hope she gets well soon. I have been warming to her quite a bit over the last year. She seems a nice girl and I think she has added quite a bit to her game this year as well. It's rather worrying to see a virus keep a player out for this long. I hope whatever is keeping her out doesn't have a lasting effect and she is back on the tour quickly and in good health. Being out with a virus over an extended time can not be much fun. :sad:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
That's some serious virus:unsure: Her ranking will drop a few places, but it's not that important.

I wonder if it's even worth going to Asia now for just Beijing. She got sick more than 2 weeks ago, and it probably wasn't over after 2 days in bed. Maybe just play Linz and/or Moscow/Luxembourg.. or just get well and play nothing till Australia, and that would be okay too.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
79,361 Posts
From Anett

Unfortunately I will have to skip the Asian swing this year due to an infection in my body that caused an abscess and needed a minor surgery to sort it out.
I am recovering and feeling better every day. I’m hoping to start playing again either in Linz or Moscow, depending on my health. Can’t wait!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
79,361 Posts
Says she hasn’t fully recovered yet and lost lot of weight in the process. Still can’t train at hundred percent right now, hopes to be ready in time for 2020.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Anett has finally recovered and is slowly moving towards the form she had before that illness.
Training camp in Thailand for 3 weeks in December then starts her season in Brisbane, Adelaide and AO.

2521 - 2540 of 2569 Posts