Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find a Thread about news/articles/interviews, so here it is ! :)

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
211 Posts
An article about "the honorary Briton" Anett Kontaveit in The Telegraph.

Not only is Kontaveit coached by Nigel Sears – Andy Murray’s father-in-law – but she has a cut-glass English accent, and guiltily admits that she is addicted to watching posh reality-TV fluff Made In Chelsea.
“Since I got to the semi-finals of Miami recently, more people have been recognising me. I always thought Estonians were quite shy and if they see you they wouldn’t say anything. But then I was tanking my car in Tallinn and this guy was like ‘Oh nice game.’ Just random people would say something to me which I was pretty surprised about. I haven’t decided yet if I like it or not!”
She has already established her credentials; now she knows what she needs to do – “bring my A-game every week, and deal with tough situations better” – if she is to compete with the top women in this volatile era. And from there, perhaps, to win the award she most covets: Estonia’s equivalent of BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
:lol:

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anett won the Fed Cup Heart Award :)

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
www.fedcup.com/en/news/317300.aspx

Europe/Africa I: Anett Kontaveit (EST)

Anett Kontaveit extended her unbeaten singles run in Fed Cup to seven matches to take Estonia to the brink of qualification for the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Play-Offs.

To the delight of the home crowd in Tallinn, the world No.22’s form earned a place in the promotion ties, where she beat then-world No.5 Elina Svitolina in three sets to put the hosts within one win of victory, only to fall agonisingly short against the Ukrainians in the decisive doubles.

"I am really grateful to everyone who took their time to vote for me," Kontaveit said. "Thank you! Representing my country has always been important and special to me!

Kontaveit's donation will go to Varjupaikade MTU, a charity running and working with animal shelters across Estonia.

"It was really difficult to decide between different organisations, because there are so many who need help in this time," Kontaveit added.

"I have decided to donate this award to an animal shelter because I have always felt really close to animals and I have a dog myself too. Spring is a time when more animals lose their homes and end up in the shelters. In this crisis, I think it’s vital to help those, who have no one to help and take care of them."

Eleonora Molinaro of Luxembourg was also nominated for the award.

Paying tribute to the Fed Cup Heart Award winners, ITF President David Haggerty said: "Fans are at the heart of Fed Cup so to be chosen by the fans as a winner of an award that recognises the competition’s values of team work, courage and national pride is extra special for the players.

"These values, and all the players nominated for the Fed Cup Heart Award, are what make Fed Cup such a unique and special competition."

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 19 of 19 Posts