Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Re: Sir Andrew Murray Begins Quest To Find New Mixed Doubles Partner For Wimbledon

Murray can potentially end up being a multiple slam winner in doubles if he decides to focus on it, he’s that good.
Good, then Jamie will feel even more useless.

·
Registered
27,760 Posts
Re: WTA Players Reject Chance To Play Mixed Doubles With Sir Andrew Murray At Wimbled

Barty revealed as one of them, but thats understandable, wants to focus on singles.
Besides Ash Barty has already committed to play doubles with Vika Azarenka at Wimbledon, and she said that playing three events in a tournament is a bit too much for her.
https://twitter.com/the_LTA/status/1142131864351793152

Last year Vika played mixed doubles with Andy Murray's elder brother Jamie, and they reached the final.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: WTA Players Reject Chance To Play Mixed Doubles With Sir Andrew Murray At Wimbled

Besides Ash Barty has already committed to play doubles with Vika Azarenka at Wimbledon, and she said that playing three events in a tournament is a bit too much for her.
https://twitter.com/the_LTA/status/1142131864351793152

Last year Vika played mixed doubles with Andy Murray's elder brother Jamie, and they reached the final.
Also, Barty doesn't look like she'll enjoy the spotlight that'll certainly come with being Murray's mixed partner at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Re: Sir Andrew Murray Begins Quest To Find New Mixed Doubles Partner For Wimbledon

on a sidenote, love how murray is giving press to the women's tour. good guy.
Murray is a true feminist. :D

·
always getting what i want
17,815 Posts

Ash should pull out of women's doubles with Vika and play mixed with Andy. Really don't know why she still bothers with that has-been.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

Ash should pull out of women's doubles with Vika and play mixed with Andy. Really don't know why she still bothers with that has-been.
They recently won Rome?

·
Stanning for Andi
20,731 Posts

Stosur seems like the obvious choice here. She'll lose early in singles, but is still an incredible doubles player even on grass.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't know why but I could also somehow see him playing alongside Zhang Shuai. :lol: Probably because she is one of the few decent singles players who tends to play mixed doubles at all the Grand Slams.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts

The irony :spit: :rolls: :haha:

That "has been" has 2 slams, been no. 1 and won the sunshine double. Meanwhile your "has been" has 1 MM title :spit: :haha: :happy:

·
Registered
813 Posts

Let’s not forget that the choice of doubles player will be vetoed behind the scenes by mom and wifey.

·
Registered
18,629 Posts

This seems like the perfect opportunity for JJ to spring out of exile.
:sad: I know that she won with Jamie, so why not trying with Andy as well? :hehehe:

·
always getting what i want
17,815 Posts

They Ashleigh recently won Rome carrying Vika?
Fixed.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Kiki Mlad was one of those to turn him down.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

Would love to see him play with Bara. What's not to like?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

leisure suit murray looking for love... with all the wrong players

81 - 100 of 261 Posts