Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
28,851 Posts
Re: Sir Andrew Murray Begins Quest To Find New Mixed Doubles Partner For Wimbledon

Jankovic.
Jelena?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Re: Sir Andrew Murray Begins Quest To Find New Mixed Doubles Partner For Wimbledon

I read that she will play with her brother.
Do you remember where you saw it? I was wondering just the same thing, especially at Wimbledon where more matches are short & sweet (as S-W obvs. still focusing on singles).

Otherwise, Andy & Duan would smash their way into the final!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

Is Vika not playing mixed doubles with Jamie? I heard that a little bit ago so she's not an option, I would say.

Heather more likely is taken (same as the last few years).

Maybe Flipkens would be good with the history from the past.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

Honestly, Barbora is entertaining, a very good doubles player, a good singles player, a good grass player and is up for it.

I think she'd be a great pick.
Yeah I don't want Su Wei or Venus tiring themselves out when they could still make a decent run at the singles. :lol: Especially as SW is already in the dubs with Bara.

But Barbie has the energy of a 5 year old kid after too much sugar so she should be fine to play all 3, and seems keen to play with him. She's also fantastic at doubles. Otherwise why not a Flipkens reunion?

·
Registered
8,487 Posts

This seems like the perfect opportunity for JJ to spring out of exile.
Yes. JJ already won it with Jamie, now would be a good opportunity to try it with Andy.

I hope he asks Garcia. He hyped her to be the future number one years ago. She could use a fun mixed run.
Well, Garcia got to no.4, so he only got 3 spots wrong.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

For someone known as a hardcore feminist, it's a bit surprising that he gets more NO than YES. Not to mention the high chance of actually winning a trophy with him (it's still a Wimbledon title) and the additional good publication from english media (as they lick on Andrew's noble ass 24/7). Heck, i'd say YES for his hot body alone :eek:h:

·
Registered
17,633 Posts
The best he can get are Raquel Atawo or Darija Jurak. No top players want to waste their time with the obnoxious injured Scot.

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

I've always had the impression that Murray is well liked? Seems like a good humorous person in interviews?

Also not shy to speak his mind and show genuine emotion.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts

Srebotnik needs to win Wimbledon to have a career mixed Slam :sobbing:

I doubt she'll ever win it now but why not try with Andy ? :)

·
Registered
15,889 Posts

Anybody who can't play at the back of the courts is rules out.
Top singles players want to focus in singles

Slim pickings. Go ask Mladenovic , she will be out soon anwyay and can focus on Doubles :lol:

·
Registered
604 Posts

i think genie may be available to play. ( although if he wants to progress in the tournament, maybe not)

certainly get plenty of coverage with andy & genie.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts

It's Andy, at Wimbledon. There will be plenty of coverage, even if he were to play with a potato.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,113 Posts

If Venus said no, she must be playing doubles with Serena. Venus needs Wimbledon and USO - surprised she didn't pounce on it.

Like many others have said, this is right up Vika's alley - surprised she isn't taking it.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts

This has Azarenka written all over it unless she’s already confirmed to play with Jamie?

41 - 60 of 261 Posts