Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
has anyone even read the article? he says *nothing*. it's a clickbait title and that's it.
here,

"I mean, I haven't given it lots of thought, really," Murray said.

"She's obviously done some - I think she maybe won mixed at US Open once? Did she? I don't know. Did she not win it? No, she didn't?

"I think we played once together in the IPTL before, and I don't remember us playing particularly well together."
Murray and Sharapova traded words two years ago when the Russian was slapped with a 15-month ban for doping.

The former world No 1 was asked if her controversial past could play a part in his decision process.

"I mean, possibly," he replied.

"But like I say, I haven't given it - I haven't given it a whole lot of thought.
"But at the time I said what I felt. I still feel the same way about those things, and that's never going to change."

·
Registered
660 Posts
Look at all the Sharapova legion going nuts once again. :haha:

Andy Murray was just asked a question, and probably didn't even know anything about her random tweet to be relevant.

No one, outside of a charity filled Monica Puig, likes Sharapova in the tennis world. Her "better than you" hostile, bully attitude at WTA players forever, and trying to be seen as cool with the top ATP players like Roger, Rafa and then desperately with Novak for years, has left her predictably with no friends as we all know.

This is a prime example.

If Serena, Caroline or Simona sent this tweet out, he would have not only seen it but laughed and had a good talk about possibly playing with them AFTER talking to them PRIVATELY in humor about it. Even if it was facetious.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Her "better than you" hostile, bully attitude at WTA players forever, and trying to be seen as cool with the top ATP players like Roger, Rafa and then desperately with Novak for years, has left her predictably with no friends as we all know.

Typical lies of a desperate hater. If the truth doesn't fit, make shit up.:rolleyes:

·
always getting what i want
17,711 Posts
Sharapova is a bully, which is why I always despised her. Finding out she was a cheat was just the icing on the cake. #StandUpToBullies

·
Registered
660 Posts
Typical lies of a desperate hater. If the truth doesn't fit, make shit up.:rolleyes:
Um, what? :spit:

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Maria_Sharapova/62220/i-do-not-have-friends-in-tennis-says-maria-sharapova/

So I'm not the one to strike up a conversation about the weather and know that in the next few minutes I have to go and try to win a tennis match. I'm a pretty competitive girl. I say my hellos, but I'm not sending any players flowers as well.

Uhm, I'm not really friendly or close to many players. I have not a lot of friends away from the courts.'
:haha:

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Close friends would have known what drug she is using.
close this thread already. It was about Andy not wanting to play Doubles with her. It's hard no to mention a bit of Meldo drama but you guys are dragging it on. lol lol lol lol ... The meldo issue should be left for history.
We all know what happened.
Of Course O.J Simpson didn't kill those 2 people. Yeah right.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That is not true. Meldonium IS NOT ILLEGAL IN THE US.:rolleyes: It is an unregulated substance. The FDA does not regulate it or control it.

Posters should educate themselves before posting.
Meldonium Isn't FDA Approved. How Could A U.S. Doctor Have Prescribed It To Sharapova?

Rita Rubin Contributor
Pharma & Healthcare

Before Maria Sharapova announced Monday that she had failed an Australian Open drug test because she had tested positive for meldonium, most Americans had probably never heard of the drug.

Sharapova's disclosure came several hours after ice dancer Ekaterina Bobrova, a member of Russia's gold medal-winning team in the 2014 Olympics, revealed that she had tested positive for meldonium and would not compete in the World Figure Skating Championships, which start March 28 in Boston. And just a week earlier, Abeba Argawi, a former 1,500-meter world champion who competes for Sweden, reportedly also tested positive for the drug.

Meldonium is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (I got zero hits when I plugged "meldonium" into the FDA.gov search engine) and is manufactured and marketed under the brand name Mildronate by a Latvian company called Grindeks.

WADA, the World Anti-Doping Agency, added meldonium to the prohibited list of performance-enhancing substances, which is updated annually, on Jan. 1 of this year. That move came after WADA conducted a study of how common the use of meldonium, available as a capsule or injection, was among athletes. Out of 8,300 random, anonymous urine samples collected at doping control sessions, 182, or 2.2%, were found to contain meldonium, according to the Partnership for Clean Competition, founded in 2008 by the U.S. Olympic Committee, the National Football League, Major League Baseball and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

In a study published in December, German researchers said that meldonium "demonstrates an increase in endurance performance of athletes, improved rehabilitation after exercise, protection against stress and enhanced activitations of central nervous system (CNS) functions." The scientists cited a "growing body of evidence (black market products and athlete statements) concerning its misuse in sport."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ritarubin/2016/03/08/what-is-meldonium-the-banned-drug-for-which-maria-sharapova-tested-positive/#57507332335a
If a substance is not FDA approved in the United States its illegal to prescribe or use it here. In other words it's illegal.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
If a substance is not FDA approved in the United States its illegal to prescribe or use it here. In other words it's illegal.
You've got it wrong. Meldonium is not approved or disapproved because IT IS NOT REGULATED BY THE FDA. It does not have to be, just like vitamins, health supplements like herbs and herbal derivatives, any dietary supplements, many diet pills and teas, etc. These substances are not regulated by the FDA and because they are not regulated they are also not licensed or approved.

Meldonium is banned for professional athletes by WADA. Perhaps in the future, the FDA may decide to regulate it but as of now they have no plans to.

·
Registered
32,693 Posts
You've got it wrong. Meldonium is not approved or disapproved because IT IS NOT REGULATED BY THE FDA. It does not have to be, just like vitamins, health supplements like herbs and herbal derivatives, any dietary supplements, many diet pills and teas, etc. These substances are not regulated by the FDA and because they are not regulated they are also not licensed or approved.

Meldonium is banned for professional athletes by WADA. Perhaps in the future, the FDA may decide to regulate it but as of now they have no plans to.
You must be exhausted with all the defending of Maria with every poster that hasn't forgotten that she was banned for illegal drugs.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
You must be exhausted with all the defending of Maria with every poster that hasn't forgotten that she was banned for illegal drugs.
Just trying to put the truth out there - so many misconceptions and complete lies on this board.

Plus, I took meldonium and I have a lot of extra energy. (Kidding)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Please stick to your day job. You are so laughably wrong. Leave the layering to actual lawyers. You clearly aren't cut out for it.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Please stick to your day job. You are so laughably wrong. Leave the layering to actual lawyers. You clearly aren't cut out for it.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

I am not wrong. Meldonium is not regulated by the FDA and not illegal in the US.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I am not wrong. Meldonium is not regulated by the FDA and not illegal in the US.

For what it’s worth, this article clearly states the drug isn’t licensed here, which means she cannot get it prescribed in the U.S., which is basically the same thing as saying it isn’t legal. Drugs have to be vetted by the proper channels before they are authorized for sale. It was banned by WADA and unavailable to buy here, two damning facts. The article is written by a medical doctor who says tests on athletes have revealed that the drug increases endurance and improves recovery after exercise. I do agree with you on one thing, though, Sharapova is not a super athlete and her performance after age 30 would probably have declined with or without this drug.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/maria-sharapova-meldonium-ban-doping-tennis-434655?amp=1

Looks like the link may be broken, but if you google “Dr. Tom Bassindale Newsweek Sharapova” you should be able to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
For what it’s worth, this article clearly states the drug isn’t licensed here, which means she cannot get it prescribed in the U.S., which is basically the same thing as saying it isn’t legal. Drugs have to be vetted by the proper channels before they are authorized for sale. It was banned by WADA and unavailable to buy here, two damning facts. The article is written by a medical doctor who says tests on athletes have revealed that the drug increases endurance and improves recovery after exercise. I do agree with you on one thing, though, Sharapova is not a super athlete and her performance after age 30 would probably have declined with or without this drug.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/maria-sharapova-meldonium-ban-doping-tennis-434655?amp=1

Looks like the link may be broken, but if you google “Dr. Tom Bassindale Newsweek Sharapova” you should be able to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meldonium does not need a prescription, however. So it can not be "prescribed". Recommended or not, yes. It is not licensed by the FDA, that is true. But that is because the FDA chooses not to regulate meldonium. It is considered an "unscheduled drug". It is not a controlled substance. It can be legally purchased online without a prescription because it is not a controlled substance.

If meldonium was considered to be dangerous for health reasons it would be put on one of the FDA's 5 controlled substance schedules and regulated. But it is not considered dangerous. It's effect is minor and it is not addictive.

It is banned by WADA for professional athletes but the FDA and WADA do not work in tandem.

I really do know what I am talking about but for more information you could google "unscheduled drugs" and "unregulated substances".

·
Registered
266 Posts
Her use of meldonium in January 2016 was found by CAS to be unintentional - not cheating. That's a fact.
I know, you are trying hard in order to have sweet dreams at night.
Here is the thing:

Sharapova got caught twice. Two weeks later in February AGAIN.
She had TWO positive tests. Not one!
You DO know that, right?

Lucky Sharapova, CAS though, out of nothing, treated it differently.

There are also a couple of investigative journalists, that criticize
the lack of independency of CAS, the judges and even the Secretary General her/himself.
A couple of them got invited to partys and gala dinners by different sport federations.

How charming... And what is corruption these days, right?

Here everybody can read a little bit more about it:
https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/articles/item/was-cas-right-to-reduce-sharapova-s-doping-ban-a-review-of-sharapova-v-itf

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I know, you are trying hard in order to have sweet dreams at night.
Here is the thing:

Sharapova got caught twice. Two weeks later in February AGAIN.
She had TWO positive tests. Not one!
You DO know that, right?

So she took 2 different tests two weeks apart for verification. Meldonium would have stayed in her system for months anyway and Maria did not play any tournaments after the first test.:rolleyes:

121 - 140 of 151 Posts