Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Lol people are still acting like Maria is a big bad doper while everyone else on the tour is pure and virgin, I didn't expect that. That's actually kind of cute.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
She never lied about an illness and you can buy meldonium without a prescription. It's cheap, too.

You can buy it on Amazon starting at $16.95.
actually she did or at the very least, mislead. she trid to paint the picture that it was supposed to prevent an illness but there were other treatments not on the banned list. she also said a doctor told her to use it but she kept using it 5 years after leaving the doctor. plus she never told hr team. many steroids and drugs are available online. in the states, we have a big problem with opiods due to this reason.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
actually she did or at the very least, mislead. she trid to paint the picture that it was supposed to prevent an illness but there were other treatments not on the banned list. she also said a doctor told her to use it but she kept using it 5 years after leaving the doctor. plus she never told hr team. many steroids and drugs are available online. in the states, we have a big problem with opiods due to this reason.
Meldonium wasn't on the banned list, either.:shrug: Not until January, 2016 when Maria neglected to read her emails stating it had been banned.

It is illegal to buy opioids online without a prescription. Not saying it can't be done but it can't be done legally. Meldonium CAN be purchased legally without a prescription: it is not considered to be a dangerous drug like opiates and steroids.

As to not mentioning to her team the legal substances she was taking; Maria was under no obligation to do so as stated by CAS in their decision.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
Meldonium wasn't on the banned list, either.:shrug: Not until January, 2016 when Maria neglected to read her emails stating it had been banned.

It is illegal to buy opioids online without a prescription. Not saying it can't be done but it can't be done legally. Meldonium CAN be purchased legally without a prescription: it is not considered to be a dangerous drug like opiates and steroids.

As to not mentioning to her team the legal substances she was taking; Maria was under no obligation to do so as stated by CAS in their decision.
point1- it was on the watch list i believe 2 years earlier and multiple emails told you ahead of time it was on that and later gonna be on the banned list. so she must've missed 2 years worth of emails. the issue isn't about the ban date. the reason it was banned was because many russians like maria were using for things it wasn't prescribed for. remember wada only found out after a russian scientist blew the whistle. maria knew she was skirting the rules.

point2- she doesn't, but more proof she wasn't sick and was cheating.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
point1- it was on the watch list i believe 2 years earlier and multiple emails told you ahead of time it was on that and later gonna be on the banned list. so she must've missed 2 years worth of emails. the issue isn't about the ban date. the reason it was banned was because many russians like maria were using for things it wasn't prescribed for. remember wada only found out after a russian scientist blew the whistle. maria knew she was skirting the rules.

It didn't need to be "prescribed"! Meldonium doesn't require a prescription anywhere! It's use is for:

Better heart performance. Better oxygen delivery in cells and more availability of it in organism. Stress Therapy and Recovery

It is not for "sickness", Maria never claimed to be "sick" and she was NOT "skirting the rules" or "cheating". Until it was banned by WADA meldonium was totally legal for athletes to take.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
In fairness, the ban should have been applied retroactively and all her trophies and prize money should have been taken back. Once they found out she was hiding the drug, that should have been reason enough to Lance-Armstrong her. Like Armstrong, she did have an unfair advantage over her opponents.
It's one thing to stop the advantage from taking place in the future, but that's not enough.
Girls like Halep should sue her too. You can't go to the bathroom mid-match, and come back fresh as if the match has not even started.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts

It didn't need to be "prescribed"! Meldonium doesn't require a prescription anywhere! It's use is for:

Better heart performance. Better oxygen delivery in cells and more availability of it in organism. Stress Therapy and Recovery

It is not for "sickness", Maria never claimed to be "sick" and she was NOT "skirting the rules" or "cheating". Until it was banned by WADA meldonium was totally legal for athletes to take.
I can't believe you guys are even entertaining Terrastar, the #1 most deranged Serena fan in TF history (at least since I've been here). That thing is just sad if anyone other than his fave (we all know who that is!) is being talked about...especially if her last name is Sharapova.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts
I can't believe you guys are even entertaining Terrastar, the #1 most deranged Serena fan in TF history (at least since I've been here). That thing is just sad if anyone other than his fave (we all know who that is!) is being talked about...especially if her last name is Sharapova.
translation- insults because you can't form an argument. serena follows the rules unlike your fave.

·
Banned
7,241 Posts

she said she wanted to prevent diabetes and was magnesium deficient.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I think we should start quarantining these posts in a new section titled "Fanbase Wars". Posters can hash out all their issues there. It would of course be a pointless exercise where neither side would budge but at least it would stop derailing threads.

Then we should have another section titled "Tennis Gossip" where we can dissect, judge and throw shade on tennis players' life decisions and behaviour.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I think we should start quarantining these posts in a new section titled "Fanbase Wars". Posters can hash out all their issues there. It would of course be a pointless exercise where neither side would budge but at least it would stop derailing threads.

Then we should have another section titled "Tennis Gossip" where we can dissect, judge and throw shade on tennis players' life decisions and behaviour.
MTF has 'The Ruins', time we had a no holds barred section to dish dirt.

·
Registered
25,063 Posts
MTF has 'The Ruins', time we had a no holds barred section to dish dirt.
Please...let's not do anything close to MTF. That site is an embarrassment to tennis. I'm surprised it's still up.

·
Registered
81,288 Posts
Please...let's not do anything close to MTF. That site is an embarrassment to tennis. I'm surprised it's still up.
What is wrong with MTF?

·
Registered
25,063 Posts
What is wrong with MTF?
They hate womens tennis.
They hate women.
The forum lacks depth in forums outside of the main ones.
The posters are cruel and without humour.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
To be fair, i don't think Sharapova was considering playing doubles based off that tweet.

So he doesn't need to get too self-righteous, lol.

61 - 80 of 151 Posts