Tennis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Lisa Raymond came back from a set down and fought off five match points to defeat RISING STAR ALEXANDRA STEVENSON in a thriller. Lisa won 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (11-9).

Now Andy eeks out a win over James. I predicted that it would be a tossup but said that I was leaning towards Roddick since I felt that his backhand and defense are just a touch better and maybe his second serve too. But it was a very hard fought match for both . Congratulations Andy and also to James for a great tourney.:)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well done Andy:D

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy was a tough opponent when he had no ranking and now james is tough without a super high ranking. Men's tennis is very deep. Andy beat Xavier Malisse who is also tough. Sounds like you are just bitter to me. If James should have beaten Andy today then he would have. Andy played slightly better and that is not a disgrace to James who must have played very well too.:)

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Scotso said:
Blake should have beaten him.

Funny how all the news say "Andy wins another tournament" and makes it seem like he's so special. Yet in tournaments where he faces people that actually have a decent ranking he goes down in flames.
Do you have an examples?? I'm not saying ur wrong, I'm just wondering cuz i haven't been an andy fan for that long so I don't really know of his earlier results? And could you give recent examples cuz I'm sure when he was just a junior and stuff he prob. lost bad to the top players but then again, hasn't everybody?? Hope you can help!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
Congrats Andy:bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Congrats! :bounce: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts