Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
No, the new Szavay or Konjuh (with a Slam title)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Tennis Forum told me that she was the next Serena, and will win 23 Grand Slams! Make y'all minds up!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Tennis Forum told me that she was the next Serena, and will win 23 Grand Slams! Make y'all minds up!
She is a mix of Peak Pierce and Serena. She is Peak Serena, so to say hahaha

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's weird Mary was only 25 when she won Roland Garros. She was hot but I always felt she was older looking. She was 10 years younger than I am now :oops:

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Nah, Pierce was not held back by her injuries, she just usually came up short against the other top players. Bianca is unbeatable when healthy. 😇

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nah, Pierce was not held back by her injuries, she just usually came up short against the other top players.
Mary Pierce falls and ENDS HER CAREER

you obviously followed tennis closely from 2000-2006. Pierce was basically managing crippling injuries the whole period. the two years she was relatively healthy she won Roland Garros and made two slams final in 2005.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Mary Pierce falls and ENDS HER CAREER

you obviously followed tennis closely from 2000-2006. Pierce was basically managing crippling injuries the whole period. the two years she was relatively healthy she won Roland Garros and made two slams final in 2005.
How about looking at her whole career? And yeah, she lost those finals with big numbers against top players. Like I said, she came up short.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Early in her career, Pierce was criticized by players like Mandlikova, for playing few events to protect her ranking, all at the direction of her father. I found it interesting that as she matured she played a more complete schedule which led her to win her first French Open. There had not been a French winner since Francoise Durr in 1967 and I remember seeing Durr in the stands, and Chris Evert commenting on TV what a wonderful occasion this was for French tennis. I don't know if Bianca will have as long a career as Pierce, considering both suffered from continuous injuries. Only time will tell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts