Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Sunday afternoon, Andreescu gets rally in Toronto suburb, a key to the city, and details on "Andreescu Way" street sign (the street location will be later selected). Toronto mayor also stated Andreescu can have a parade if she wants. :worship:

I wonder if Bouchard will attend? :happy:

Andreescu rally in Toronto Press Release

She The North Rally - Mississauga Celebrates Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu

Sep 12, 2019

The City of Mississauga is proud to be welcoming homegrown tennis star, Bianca Andreescu with a She The North rally at Mississauga Celebration Square on Sunday, September 15.

The rally will celebrate the recent accomplishments of Bianca Andreescu who became the first Canadian to win a grand slam singles title after winning the U.S. Open last weekend. Andreescu has been a resident, student and athlete in Mississauga and began her career at Mississauga's Ontario Racquet Club.

Event Details

What: She The North Rally for Bianca Andreescu

Public rally at Mississauga Celebration Square
Mayor's presentation of the Key to the City to Bianca Andreescu
Unveiling of a street sign named in honour of Bianca "Andreescu Way"

When:

Sunday, September 15, 2019

4:30 to 5 p.m. - Pre-Show Entertainment

DJ Andre 905 and Tej Hunjan World Percussionist Live will entertain the crowd

Hosted by Selena Singh and Mariah Sousa-Sampson

5:00 to 6 p.m. - Official Event

Introduction of Bianca Andreescu, Key to the City Presentation and unveiling of "Andreescu Way" street sign

Who:

Mayor and Members of Council
Bianca Andreescu
VIP guests and dignitaries to be confirmed

Where:

Mississauga Celebration Square

300 City Centre Dr

[map]

Parking is available in the underground parking lots at the Civic Centre and the Central Library.

-30-
Media Contact:
Carley Smith
Supervisor, Media and Public Information
City of Mississauga
905-615-3200, ext. 4203
[email protected]
TTY: 905-896-5151

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
21,929 Posts
If Genie would have won Wimbledon when she had the chance, I think Montréal would have named a pothole after her.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
If Genie would have won Wimbledon when she had the chance, I think Montréal would have named a pothole after her.

Canadian Law (The Official Languages Act) clearly states that all potholes carry the name of the current Prime Minister's family.

·
Registered
21,929 Posts
Canadian Law (The Official Languages Act) clearly states that all potholes carry the name of the current Prime Minister's family.
They don't follow Canadian Law in Québec...

they just swear in French as they drive over them at 150km/h.

·
Registered
357 Posts
She also is a WWE champ :)

Before the tournament, I didn't really think that her win would be received in such a huge manner. It's tough to stay grounded after all the stuff like this...I am super curios to see how Bianca carries on from here
I don't think she was grounded to begin with :lol:

Have you heard her interviews? Before she even won IW she thought of herself as a Queen (she is), and this year has just confirmed it.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I don't think she was grounded to begin with :lol:

Have you heard her interviews? Before she even won IW she thought of herself as a Queen (she is), and this year has just confirmed it.
Oh yeah..u r right... I should have used a different word... more like 'not getting distracted'...I have seen most of Bibi's interviews so far...she does throw in some good shade once in a while and says some things which some might think like she is being arrogant/cocky but I feel like she is usually pretty ambitious. I don't think TF has seen every Bibi interview so far..if not, there would already been threads discussing some of the stuff Bibi says in interviews. The part where she said 'She thought Serena was bit intimidated by Bibi's gameplan and her return' was already doing rounds in Twitter

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oh yeah..u r right... I should have used a different word... more like 'not getting distracted'...I have seen most of Bibi's interviews so far...she does throw in some good shade once in a while and says some things which some might think like she is being arrogant/cocky but I feel like she is usually pretty ambitious. I don't think TF has seen every Bibi interview so far..if not, there would already been threads discussing some of the stuff Bibi says in interviews. The part where she said 'She thought Serena was bit intimidated by Bibi's gameplan and her return' was already doing rounds in Twitter
She didn't lie, though haha. Serena was intimidated by Bianca's returns. Still Bianca shouldn't get on her shitlist.

·
Registered
944 Posts
She didn't lie, though haha. Serena was intimidated by Bianca's returns. Still Bianca shouldn't get on her shitlist.
Serena was broken just three times all tournament.

Bianca broke her six times in two sets. The very first game was broken. Another one was a love-break -- Bibi actually won 4 straight points off the deadliest service game in tennis. She won the match off a break point service return winner.

Hell yeah Serena was intimidated.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Andreescu gets local rally and street named "Andreescu Way"

Bianca broke her six times in two sets. The very first game was broken. Another one was a love-break -- Bibi actually won 4 straight points off the deadliest service game in tennis. She won the match off a break point service return winner.

I guess Serena was also “intimidated” by Kerber, Osaka, and Halep too. Beating Serena in a slam final these days is not exactly something to brag about. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

I guess Serena was also “intimidated” by Kerber, Osaka, and Halep too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just stop. We know Serena is the GOAT...but she is also human. I get saying she was intimidated by a tennis player on the court sounds kinda "trying it " but it is possible.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 66 Posts