Tennis Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
54,043 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
After crushing it in the 15k circuit, Andreea is taking the next step. First a 60k, then some 25k's :yeah:

$60,000 Istanbul (TUR)
Qualifying Draw

(3)Raluca Georgiana Serban (ROU) v Marianna Zakarlyuk (UKR)
Ana Vrljic (CRO) v (wc)Basak Akbas (TUR)
Ilona Georgiana Ghioroaie (ROU) v (wc)Ilay Yoruk (TUR)
(8)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) v Julia Stamatova (BUL)

She also made the news recently: https://www.sport.ro/tenis/povestea-celei-mai-titrate-romance-in-2018-andreea-rosca-are-4-titluri-itf-si-face-ravagii-pe-retelele.html
http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/tenis/exclusiv-salt-de-peste-500-de-locuri-in-clasament-si-o-poveste-impresionanta-interviu-cu-andreea-rosca-noua-senzatie-din-tenisul-romanesc-am-vrut-sa-ma-las-de-doua-ori-536641.html
https://www.sportivity.ro/stire/interviu-andreea-rosca-e-singura-jucatoare-din-lume-cu-4-titluri-acest-sezon-ar-vrea-sa-l-cunoasca-pe-federer-si-fost-la-un-pas-sa-se-lase-de-tenis/

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
First 25k = First 25k SF :cheer: Ok, wasn't the most challenging draw but for sure great scoreline in her win ag Andrianjafitrimo and also in her loss to a player who not long ago was close to top100 :yeah:

$25,000 Chiasso (SUI)
R32: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (wc)Nina Stadler (SUI) 64 62
R16: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. Tessah Andrianjafitrimo (FRA) 61 62
QF: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (SR)Anastasia Grymalska (ITA) 61 62
SF: Cindy Burger (NED) d. Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) 76(3) 16 75

·
Registered
5 Posts
She is in a 25k SF again. This time in Tbilisi. Good luck tomorrow against Gorgodze.
My prediction is that she will enter top 150 this year and top 100 by RG 2019.
Keep going girl

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
That was a very good win against Poznikhirenko and then probably her best win to date over former #32 Jovanovski :yeah: Unfortunately that win took a lot of her and she had to retire due to dehydration in the SF :hug:

$25,000 Tbilisi (GEO)
R32: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (Q)Yuliya Lysa (UKR) 75 62
R16: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (2)Ganna Poznikhirenko (UKR) 06 62 63
QF: Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (Q)Bojana Jovanovski Petrovic (SRB) 16 62 61
SF: (3)Ekaterine Gorgodze (GEO) d. Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) 61 20 Ret.

My prediction is that she will enter top 150 this year and top 100 by RG 2019.
Let's hope so :cheer:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Had at pretty successful trip in China, making QF in 60k Badou and SF in 25k Luzhou :yeah: With these results she broke into top300 and this week is seeded third in 25k Ystad.

Also she did a very interesting interview where she talked about everything she's been through already: https://streamable.com/4e3n8

Runner-up in 25k Luzhou doubles :yeah:

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
She mentioned something about being told her foot tendons would break if she were to play tennis, which is how her injury in Mexico happened, but it also sounded like it could be recurring? Hopefully not, specially since she's playing really well now :hug:

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Another strong week in 25k :yeah: Not the toughest field there in Ystadt but did a great job reaching the final without losing a set :)

$25.000 Ystad (SWE)
R32: (3)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. Vivien Juhaszova (SVK) 63 64
R16: (3)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (Q)Emilie Francati (DEN) 63 61
QF: (3)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (5)Marie Benoit (BEL) 76(4) 62
SF: (3)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) d. (Q)Anna Danilina (KAZ) 62 75
F: (4)Kaja Juvan (SLO) d. (3)Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) 26 75 61

Andreea Rosca
Runner up in Ystad 25.000. This year has been amazing so far, i want to thank everyone that made it happen? . I love the everyday support you guys give me and I am looking forward to play some WTA’s very soon!
Special thanks to Ionut Rosca, mr Ionut Moldovan, Aurel Neagu and Alexandru Petcu for putting up with my everyday moods and being there for me??

·
Registered
54,043 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I watched her game yesterday in Valencia 60K against Marina Bassols Ribera. Damn, what a silly pusher! No volleys, force, no shot variation, only running and returning to the center.

The other girl was totally dominating the game, despite being ranked 350+. And the score was even only due to unforced errors. I thought she might be the next Romanian to get into top 100, after seeing her impressive ranking surge this year. But now I believe she is close to her limits, with little potential to grow. She just lost a fan. So far, out of RO 21- olds, Elena Ruse looks more promising.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
It was a very close match tho, just lost 57 in the third after wasting a MP. Didn't play bad but I do agree with you she did let herself get bullied across the court way to much by the opponent. I said this before, she's really too thin and it's sooo hard to make it these days if you are underpowered. Maybe she wants to be like Hantuchova or Ivanovic, but I'm not sure she can play like them :unsure:

For all her promise, Ruse continues with some shockingly bad results when she's not playing on the bigger stages... losing to 500+ Lansere, 450+ Bektas and last week even to someone I never even heard of in the first round of a 25k :help:

281 - 298 of 298 Posts