Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
29,934 Posts
Genie is unpredictable because of her concussion. Maybe she will withdraw again? Or does she plan to play here. Katja probably knows more about it as she's following Bouchard more closely.

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
She practiced a few days the week before Wuhan in Florida, but then had a relapse after the flight and had to take a few days off there, today's the first time she has practiced again.

It's certainly a kind draw for Petko, either someone who has barely touched a racket during the last month or a LL.

·
Registered
53,595 Posts
If Andrea loses to Bouchard in Beijing R1 :tape:

Andrea will fall in the ranking soon if this shit form continues

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Won her first round match when Genie had to retire at 6-2 1-1.

Her game looked a bit improved compared to the last weeks, pretty solid stuff, but she obviously was playing a very rusty opponent.

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Beats Sam 2 & 5. Didn't see the first set, 2nd set wasn't particularly good, but good enough against a hit-and-miss Sam.

Now a chance to sorta, kinda avenge her RG match against Errani.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
She kept the ball on play long enough for Stosur to make the inevitabale shank or error.She was hittin some winners from time to time.She was a bit better than her late form but nothin extraordinary.Not optimistic about next round.

·
Registered
489 Posts
By the way @RickZ, did you end up making the trip to Beijing?
I'm leaving Beijing tomorrow. Today I watched her match with some German spectators;) Just glad I witnessed two wins from her, though she hasn't totally pick up her form yet. Hope her play gets better and better.

·
Registered
35,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'm leaving Beijing tomorrow. Today I watched her match with some German spectators;) Just glad I witnessed two wins from her, though she hasn't totally pick up her form yet. Hope her play gets better and better.
Nooo you're her good luck charm, you have to stay!!!! :p

Happy for you that your trip turned out well. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks Katja, I wish I could stay and support her. But don't worry, there're some crazy Chinese fans there, Petko feels their love and support.

·
Registered
29,934 Posts
Great run for Petko here :) Finally a good win again. I hope she can beat Errani as well. It will be their firts meeting on HC after four meetings on clay. Go Andi! :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
That was pretty dire.

She really needs a break now, and a proper coach and equally importantly head coach in place for the new season. These coffee breaks with Boris every couple of months aren't helping much, since her tantrums are more frequent and destructive than ever now.

Feel sorry for that little guy she treats like a butler most of the time.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts