Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
55,750 Posts
"I feel sometimes I could kill my opponent and wouldn't give a damn about it" :spitrofl:

haha that's good to hear really : that someone tells it as it is

WTA post-match interviews would be way funnier if they said things like that

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I watched it full now and it's quite a sad story, not what I was expecting at all. She has serious unresolved issues with her parents/brother.
Nice of her to be so open in a interview, maybe it will help her deal better with family.
As @Molok pointed out, if Pavs, who looks normal on court is like this, imagine the crazy ones. I love tennis but it's a sport for nuts!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tartakova (the interviewer) is a very closed friend to Pavs and DashaK. She covers tennis all over Russia, and is definitely THE person to get such a great interview out of them. She’s also stunning looking!!! Lol. She’s also really nice - she liked my comment/retweet of this interview. Love her a lot, but wish they can post more stuff with English sub!

·
Registered
474 Posts
possibly the best interview i’ve ever seen?

when athletes are media trained to death (or in osaka’s case, not media trained but still to death) i thought it would be impossible to see an interview like this but it was refreshing to see some genuine honesty, and not in a tumblr-generation “i’m not like other girls i’m so weird tee hee” kind of way, and the bits about stephens/muguruza didn’t seem gossipy or bitchy at all

i hope pavs gets her slam someday

cool

·
Registered
17,161 Posts
I actually watched the interview in full. With that said, it’s a really good one.

This is what the WTA needs in terms of how to spread about women’s tennis. It’s not all blunt and pointing fingers. There’s details between topics and you know the interviewer did her homework.

Reactions: sawori

·
Registered
16,020 Posts
Lol she's not self aware enough to realise how cringeworthy everything she said is. Your career is nothing to talk about and yet you're a killer. Girl please
I do not get the impression that she's arrogant or something. I think you simply project your dislike towards Pavlyuchenkova after what she said about Muguruza.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I do not get the impression that she's arrogant or something. I think you simply project your dislike towards Pavlyuchenkova after what she said about Muguruza.
What did she say about Muguruza? I don't even know! lol. I think she is delusional bc her career is OK but nothing screams "killer" about it lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nastya seemed more comfortable answering the questions. Dasha struggling to answer the sexuality questions was awkward viewing, likewise the discussion about Kenin, Swiatek etc winning a Grand Slam at a relatively young age.

The fact that I watched both interviews through to the end, despite not being a fan of either player, says a lot about the quality of the interviews and just how rare it is to hear honest answers.

·
Registered
16,020 Posts
"I feel sometimes I could kill my opponent and wouldn't give a damn about it" :spitrofl:

haha that's good to hear really : that someone tells it as it is

WTA post-match interviews would be way funnier if they said things like that
Hingis would come the closest to it.

·
Registered
16,020 Posts
What did she say about Muguruza? I don't even know! lol. I think she is delusional bc her career is OK but nothing screams "killer" about it lol
Did you watch the interview? Let alone carefully? She's not describing herself as a killer - she only made remarks about how in the heat of the moment, in the match - various thoughts spring to your mind like 'I wanna kill her'.

She does not exhibit any 'delusion'.

·
Registered
16,020 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Did you watch the interview? Let alone carefully? She's not describing herself as a killer - she only made remarks about how in the heat of the moment, in the match - various thoughts spring to your mind like 'I wanna kill her'.

She does not exhibit any 'delusion'.
She is kinda delusional lol. Clearly trying to paint herself as some kind of vicious fighter on court when her career as a whole has not been reflective of that. The RG final was the highest level she'll ever reach and her performance was horrible. Anyway, you suggested that I was mad about some comments she made about Garbine which I didn't even know existed lol. Nothing to be so moved by here. My opinion is mine and yours is yours. She's corny.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts