Tennis Forum banner
41 - 61 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
this is the same interviewer that interviewed kasatkina right? she seems quite knowledgeable compared to the casual fan

Reactions: flying_FF

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
That was refreshingly honest, nice to listen ... The funny thing is that Pavs on-court presence seems kinda more relaxed/friendly than the overall average so If she has her times when she wants to smash rackets over her opponents, what do others have in their heads? Tearing opponent piece by piece apart? ☕

Reactions: Perun and sara13

·
Registered
634 Posts
She said afterwards that she didn't do it though, she just felt like it. Pavs is one of my favourite players and it used to puzzle me that she didn't win more tournaments even though she's had a pretty good career, so it's good to see her admit here that she struggled with her motivation sometimes and didn't work as hard as she could have done.
Obviously she didn't do it, but that's just such a visceral act of aggression to want to do - and it's concerning because what if in the heat of the moment she'd acted on it? Imagine if someone had wanted to smash a ball into Serena's stomach at the 2017 Australian Open - there's a lot that can be going on that you don't know and it should go unspoken that there are certain things a well adjusted person just doesn't even consider doing!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Obviously she didn't do it, but that's just such a visceral act of aggression to want to do - and it's concerning because what if in the heat of the moment she'd acted on it? Imagine if someone had wanted to smash a ball into Serena's stomach at the 2017 Australian Open - there's a lot that can be going on that you don't know and it should go unspoken that there are certain things a well adjusted person just doesn't even consider doing!
So, you've never thought about assaulting someone? You must be a saint.

Thinking and doing are different things. If someone had wanted to do what you said to Serena, so what? They only imagined it. Pavlyuchenkova has been a professional tennis player for almost 15 years and has never done something like that, so stop trying to lambast her.

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
Fun interview. (As was the one with Kasatkina.) Wish more players got one like it.

Pav seems a bit like she marches to the beat of her own drum, which I like. Interestingly enough, nothing about her sexuality, and she goes along with the straight narrative the interviewer provides. Perhaps she's straight after all.
What drivel is this?

You seriously believed TF babble about Pavs scissoring Kasatkina and waited with bated breath all those minutes of this lengthy clip for Pavs to come out of the closet?

ROFL!

Do you know that on TF everyone from Serena to Sharapova has been presumed to be lesbians at some point or another?

You have to separate the lighthearted jokes and wishful speculations on TF from actual grounded suspicions. Just the other day some muppet said Baty was a lesb, now she's getting married... not doubt with her beard right? LMAO

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
Players who started playing tennis after Normans conquest in 11th cc! I borrowed the term from economics.

View attachment 201955
How does that translate to sports and also the fact that people from those countries are not all descendents of Anglo-Saxons? Speaking English is not the same as being an Anglo-Saxon despite what any weird economics model from the 1970s might tell you.

·
*Sesil*
22,146 Posts
One thing I like is that her parents don’t appear to be living off her, like sure they made choices and sacrifices when she was young but at the end of the day that was for her, which is the job of a parent. They don’t appear to now be leeches like a lot of tennis parents who dangle the “after everything I did for you” over their kids to ensure their meal ticket continues forever.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
How does that translate to sports and also the fact that people from those countries are not all descendents of Anglo-Saxons? Speaking English is not the same as being an Anglo-Saxon despite what any weird economics model from the 1970s might tell you.
well honestly speaking, i thought, if i write ''players from English speaking countries'', it could sound aggressive for i have nothing against the language, on the contrary i am loving all languages of the world. my problem is with players who are abusing this privilege and some native speakers are really using it for coercion and gains within any kind of international community. i used this ambiguous term instead. muguruza's insurgence is summarizing what i mean..epic scene.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Lol she's not self aware enough to realise how cringeworthy everything she said is. Your career is nothing to talk about and yet you're a killer. Girl please

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
well honestly speaking, i thought, if i write ''players from English speaking countries'', it could sound aggressive for i have nothing against the language, on the contrary i am loving all languages of the world. my problem is with players who are abusing this privilege and some native speakers are really using it for coercion and gains within any kind of international community. i used this ambiguous term instead. muguruza's insurgence is summarizing what i mean..epic scene.
I totally agree that native English speakers or even non-Native speakers who a very fluent in English, use it as an advantage and a priviledge, and it's very unfair. I don't think "players from English speaking countries" sounds aggressive though and it's more accurate. The term "Anglo-Saxon" just sounds very archaic and an inaccurate description of the population make up of the UK, IMO (I would imagine it is the same for other Anglophone countries). It was just such a good point but the Anglo-Saxon bit totally threw me and perhaps made me think a bit too much about history class at school. 😅

41 - 61 of 83 Posts