Tennis Forum banner

941 - 956 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
Anastasia says she loves the heat (she hates cold weather) and Australia.

And that she has good memories from juniors:
2006 junior Aus Open champion (beat Wozniacki in the final)
2007 junior Aus Open champion

Aus Open has become her best Grand Slam:
2017 QF
2019 QF
2020 R4 upsetting the #2 seed (and the tournament is not over)

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
I'm literally dead...Pavly was 5:2 and then 4:2 in TB and lost the first set....

had to turn it off..my nerves, my nerves 🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
112,982 Posts
Wow! Having a great major so far, but each round now is brutal. Very tough draw

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'm literally dead...Pavly was 5:2 and then 4:2 in TB and lost the first set....

had to turn it off..my nerves, my nerves 🤬🤬🤬

I have discovered following Pavly on Livescores is even more stressful than watching the match. Some of my colleagues in work were giving me very strange looks.:LOL:

But sounds like she played a really great match. Yet another really tough one next. But maybe in way it's better Pavs is playing the bigger names given that she can sometimes lose focus.No sign of that in this tournament though and wouldn't have thought she will against Mugs either. Hopefully she has plenty of energy left and Angie didn't tire her out too much. But already an excellent tournament from Pavly.:love: :love::love::love:

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
I have discovered following Pavly on Livescores is even more stressful than watching the match. Some of my colleagues in work were giving me very strange looks.:LOL:

tell me...in my today's moment of craziness after the first set loss I ran out of my office screaming and yelling and ran straight into my boss who was walking around...
thanks God I'm professional software expert who can't be changed that easily so I won't lose my job 😜

two straight sets win against Mug will please not only my boss...

·
Registered
112,982 Posts
The big test so far has been the QF round

·
Registered
52,809 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Pavlys Quarter in Dubai

Petra Martic (8) vs Q
Amanda Anisimova vs Barbora Strycova
Q vs Anett Kontaveit
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Belinda Bencic (4)

Pavly hasn't done much in the desert in recent years. But maybe this year will be different.Has to get past Belinda first...

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Commentators were giving Pavly a lot of credit for staying positive after going down 6-1 in the first. Though be fair it isn't exactly a new experience for her.:p

Kept her focus when she got in front though which isn't always the case.Not much Belinda could do really. You would think the next couple of matches should actually be easier. Still not easy though - really strong draw here.Fingers crossed for more wins!!

·
Registered
112,982 Posts
Having a very good year so far. Beat Pliskova, Kerber and Bencic. New coach is doing a good job

941 - 956 of 956 Posts