Tennis Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4300 Posts

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,225
Watched the whole match yesterday and it was a great start to my RG :inlove: Well done Pota! :yeah: :cheer:

Now DREAM R2 vs. Maky :eek: :scared: :armed:

·
Registered
50,705 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
A pity that she lost the plot from 4/4 because she did some very good things during this tournament and she hit some good pattern to take the lead against Maky who is a bad match up for her.

She lacks consistency to do it during a full match and she still rushes too much at times but when she was able to start the rallies by playing long in the middle and waiting for the good balls she did some very good things including some dropshots that's what allowed her to take the lead.

I hope that she will notice that for the next time and she will take all the good things she did .:hug:

·
Registered
50,705 Posts
Anastasia :hug:

4-1 -> 4-6 0-6 ! :spit:

Marketa was too strong and solid for Anastasia.
Too weak serving and too many UEs from Anastasia from 4-1 !
19 yo (soon 20) Marketa looked more mature than 18 yo Anastasia who needs more experience.

Her wonderful backhand is her strongest shot, and her serve her weakest.
She played strong tennis until 4-1, then faded away more and more. And Marketa improved.

The serve was a big difference in this match :p
Anastasia MUST improve her serve. Clearly her biggest weakness.
Most of the Top players have a strong serve (Serena, Osaka, Kvitpva, Karo Pliskova, Barty, Bertens, Sevastova, Keys).

A nice friendly hug at the net :)

Anastasia
19 Winners
33 UEs :help:

Marketa
19 Winners
13 UEs

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
http://instagr.am/p/ByFKz6MC07q/
anapotapovaa :I am very disappointed to say, but after long discussions with my team, I have decided to withdraw from doubles due to left hip injury and take some time to recover before the grass season. It was a very good week here,thanks everybody for the support,I enjoyed it for 1000%. See you in 2020, Paris!❤

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
15,084 Posts
Shame she bumped into a player today who was in good form. With zero practice going in it was gonna be a tough one. Guess we won't see her now until Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Shame she bumped into a player today who was in good form. With zero practice going in it was gonna be a tough one. Guess we won't see her now until Wimbledon.
She was scheduling to play at Eastbourne too,if she's healthy I will be surprised if she doesn't play.;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It looks like she's not in the entry list at Eastbourne.:sad:

That tweet sum up what a like the most about her.She can be in a good run or not,playing well or not, I never watched a match from her where I'm telling myself she's not trying as hard as she can.:worship:

4221 - 4240 of 4300 Posts