Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1179 Posts

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ana is a 23 y.o. Croatian tennis player with a current (career high) ranking of 193. Her favorite surface is hard, and current year win/loss record is 15-7. She won one singles and two doubles ITF titles, all back in 2003.

This week she plays in the main draw of Zagreb 75k, and her first round opponent is Nina Bratchikova, a 23 y.o. Russian ranked 213 (career high 197). A tough match, but hopefully Ana will find her way to a win.

Good luck:wavey:

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
She didn't have thread till now??? That's weird she sure deserves one!!! Good luck in Zagreb!!!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Bravo Ana!!!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ana is playing Contrexeville 50k this week and she beat compatriot Ana Savic (of all people:sad:) 7:5 7:5. In R2 she plays the winner of Lapore (#306) and Laisne (#487). I think she has a shot of making QF here.

Good luck Ana:bounce:

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Good luck Ana

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ana blew a great chance here by losing to Lapore 6:4 6:4:sad:

Hope she doesen't make it a habit.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Really disappointing loss!!!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ana is playing in Belgium this week, on Petange 75k, and has a very good first round draw - Matei of Romania, girl who's making a (not very convincing) comeback, currently ranked below 800, but was as high as 145 and is playing with protected ranking. They played twice before, match on hardcourt was won by Ana and the one on clay by Matei, but both were played before 2007.

Good luck Ana:wavey:

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Good luck Ana !!!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ana is in the 2nd round after a 6:1 6:3 win! She'll get another 7 points for this (whatever happens next) which will move her to a new career high (some 5 places up I think).

In the next round she'll probably play another Romanian, Olaru who is 8th seed, which would be a much tougher job.

Good luck Ana:bounce:

P. S. A correction from my side, tournament is not in Belgium, but in Luxembourg:scratch: - sorry;)

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ioana-Raluca Olaru (ROU) def. Ana Vrljic (CRO) 6:0 6:2:sad:

Oh well, getting to a new career high isn't THAT bad:)

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like she was defending some points last week, cause she dropped 3 places in the rankings regardless of reaching R2. Still, she's hanging in top200:)

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
Ana is in the qualifying draw for next week's $50K in the Bronx. She's the #5 seed. She has a tough opponent in the first round: Junri Namigata, ranked #211, who, I believe, is the second highest ranked non-seeded player in the draw. Good luck, Ana!

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
As predicted, tough match for Ana against Namigata but she pulled through by winning a close third-set tiebreaker. Ana actually won one fewer game: 64 26 76(5).

Congratulations to Ana, and hope she gets enough rest for her next match, which will be against Elena Bovina or Julia Cohen. That could be a tough match as well but if she wins it then she's almost guaranteed to qualify since her final-round opponent would be a wild card (Fonseca, #681, or Seideman, who's unranked).

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
against elena bovina will be veeeery tough match, i think bovina will win, but i hope that ana will surprise. very difficult draw for ana.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bad thing is, this time last year she was playing Hechingen 25k and reached the finals there. So unless she gets to semis here, she could drop up to some 20 places in the rankings, i.e. outside of top200:sad:

Ajmo Ana:bounce:

1 - 20 of 1179 Posts