Tennis Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1691 Posts

·
Registered
55,969 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's hard to say what happened. Seems something with her foot. Was not at her best in the first set. A lot of errors. She needs to clean up the forehand wing. Everything else is looking great!

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
One of the posts in the tournament thread refers to Konjuh having possibly injured her ankle, although others are talking about her still having problems with the elbow on her right arm.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Imo, it would be better for her to skip AO, she's not ready for that big of competition. She should rest (I hope it's not a serious injury, and please - just not elbow). She should stay and play ITFs and get more matches and improve her consistency. Well, she is on Q list.

·
Registered
18,667 Posts
I wouldn't rule out AO qualies just yet if there is a chance for her to play, even one win gets her valuable points at this stage, and her level is good enough to even qualify, assuming she doesn't get a completely terrible draw.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Ana does not have ranking for AO qualies, she is too low on the alt list.
No point in travelling there.
Still no news about what her injury was about?

·
Registered
18,667 Posts
^ I was thinking of her maybe using protected ranking which might be good enough in these circumstances if more players can't travel.

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
So she is in qualifying of WTA Abu Dhabi next week . It is not strong because of AO qualifying so good opportunity if she can play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
^ I was thinking of her maybe using protected ranking which might be good enough in these circumstances if more players can't travel.
She entered with her PR (255), right now she is 10 out of with 8-9 days to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,667 Posts
Great to hear about that AO quali wild card. And also about her working to change some elements of the game by giving more thought to things like shot placement.

1641 - 1660 of 1691 Posts