Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5025 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Born 27.12.1997
Ok guys I followed this girls developement for quite a few months now.
Last month she won the European Junior Championships, Pilzen for girls under 14.

Other success she had this year:
Winner of G16 Junior Croatia Open, Cakovec
Winner of G14 Mladost Grill Open, Zagreb
Winner of G16 Kvarner Open, Rijeka
Also reaching a G16 final in AvignonFR and a couple of SFs.

This year she has a win-loss record of 48-7 currently. With those 4 titles.
She seems to be highly talented, there´s a lot of potential, hope she´s not going to fade away and go her way.

http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113738/ana-konjuh-vodeca-u-europi
http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113113/ana-konjuh-europska-prvakinja

People might say it´s too early for a thread but after twinning the European Championchips I though she would deserve a own thread.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Good luck in AO.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
^ Maybe she is focusing on her career. You would think that this was Ana's/her team's choice to not play. And she will have plenty of chances to play in the future, maybe even later this year if they advance, unless the rules prevent that.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
good luck to the team, hope Petra could get back to where she should be, such a talented player unfortuantely plagued with injuries

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
i have to say that i am very surprised by this. a team with ajla, petra, donna and ana had a chance of making it through, but i'm afraid it will be very tough for this team :sad:
This...Martic/Konjuh can be great doubles pair. And all of them are great in singles. So pissed without two girls with best wins this season (over 14th and 33rd player in world are not listed) when they are obviously in best form out of all our girls. :(

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
Wellcome back okramb and thanks for the link :) Yes, we're all a little bummed for not seeing Ana's name in the FC team, but OK, I'm sure she'll be back eventually. We don't know the reasons so shouldn't jump to conclusions. Anyway, maybe now she really shows up for those Aussie events after Melbourne, but I still wouldn't bet on it - unless a strong field is to show up there.

Oh, and, now it's really less than 24 hours to go :D

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Well...Ana said she will just concentrate on WTA tour so I really don't think she will play challengers...

·
Registered
16,016 Posts
Well...Ana said she will just concentrate on WTA tour so I really don't think she will play challengers...
I tihnk they meant seinor/pro tournaments when they said that. I'm quite sure she'll play some challengers.

·
Registered
18,525 Posts
How she can play (only) wta with 200+ ranking???
4 slams + 6 125k's + I think 4 WC's she can get this year + qualies of Internationals (with current ranking she'd easily get into last year's quali fields in Pattaya, Bogota, Florianopolis, Acapulco, Kuala Lumpur, Monterrey, Katowice, Marrakech, Strassbourg, Birmingham, Nurnberg and so on). And of course, it's safe to assume she won't be ranked 200+ throughout the year.

1 - 20 of 5025 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.